Chapter 86

86.

Devyn

3 weeks later

It's been three weeks since that day and life's been pretty smooth. No complaints...

The kids are doing great, they're getting so big. I just want them to slow down.

The team is doing great too, we actually have a game tonight against the Heat so I'm looking forward to that.

But first, I have to go to work.

I'm woken up by my alarm. I groan reaching over snoozing it so I can get another 8 minutes.

I had a long day at the hospital yesterday, I'm exhausted.

Before I could doze off, I hear the bed shift. Jordan snakes his arm around my waist tracing circles on my hip.

"You alright?" He mumbled kissing my shoulder and I nod. "Just a little tired."

He hums before turning around. "Come here." He mumbled. I turn over and he lays my head on his chest. I reach my hand up lightly pulling his chin hair as he rubs my back.

"You wanna call out for today?" He asked and I shake my head.

"No, I gotta think of a way to get this money by tomorrow." I said patting his chest with the back of my hand.

"Huh?"

"I gotta think of a way to get-huh?" I said getting in his face and he smiled. "I gotta think of a way to get this money by tomorrow." I finished before we burst out laughing.

(Please tell me y'all know what that's from...if not y'all are sooooo uncultured lmao)

"No seriously though, I'll pay you for today." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm not about to let you do that." I said shaking my head.

"Why not?" He asked confused.

"Because why would I get paid when I'm not working?" I asked him.

"Because I'm going to pay you on your day off." He said slowly. "Are you comprehending what I'm saying?" He asked and I laughed.

"You calling me stupid?" I asked raising my eyebrows amused and he narrows his eyes.

"You know damn well I'm not calling your beautiful big brained ass stupid. I'm just saying, everybody deserves a day off." He said.

"Well maybe, but mine won't be today." I said getting up as the alarm went off again.

"But, I'll still take the money." I said playfully holding my hand out. He reached over on the nightstand handing me his wallet.

I rolled my eyes giving it back to him. "Know damn well I was joking." I said putting my slippers on.

"Even if you weren't, I'd still give it to you." He said throwing it to the side yawning.

"And why is that?" I asked going into the bathroom brushing my teeth.

"Because you never ask for anything. You don't care how much money I have, you still try to spend your own." He said following my lead and I nod.

"That's because I don't need any man to take care of me." I said finishing up walking over turning the shower on.

"And I get that. But I'm not just any man, I'm your man." He said. "Address me as such." He adds stepping closer to me.

I smile rubbing my hands up and down his chest. "My man, my man, my man." I said rolling my eyes playfully and he smirked. "Damn right." He mumbled looking down at me.