Chapter 11

11.

Devyn

6 weeks later

It's been six weeks since that day and things have been pretty good.

I've kept in touch with everybody and we talk almost everyday.

Jordan and I are doing pretty good too. We've built a great friendship and he's a really good guy to be around.

What? You don't believe me?

Good, because I'm lying.

I guess you can say we're a little more than friends.

He still flirts with me pretty heavily but I've never really given him the chance.

I mean it's not like he's asked me on a date or anything. We've just had times where we questioned is this what FRIENDS do?

Flashback

I'm currently laying in bed watching tv while Kai is asleep in his room when I get a phone call.

I don't bother checking the caller ID as I answer. "Hello?"

"What you got on right now?" A deep voice rings out.

My heart drops to my ass as I look at the caller ID. "Jordan! I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled as he burst out laughing.

"I thought you were some random man!" I exclaimed.

"I knew yo ass didn't look at the caller ID that's why I did it." He said still laughing.

"I hate you." I mumbled.

"No you don't." He said and I can hear the smile in his voice.

"No seriously though, what are you wearing?" He asked.

"Hm." I hummed looking down at my sweats and sports bra with fuzzy socks.

"Nothing." I said plucking a piece of lint from my pants.

"Wait." He says and I hear a lot of movement. "You serious?" He mumbled sounding a lot closer to the phone.

"Mmhmm." I said biting my lip to stop from laughing.

"Like, nothing at all?" He asked.

"Not even underwear." I said. "Can you picture it?" I asked.

"I-I uh" He stuttered.

"Hm?"

"Of course I can picture it. And it seems like an absolutely beautiful sight. But uh, never mind this is probably weird." He said and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What is?"

"Well usually, men get happy with shit like that. But honestly? It was really the highlight of my day just hearing your voice. I was already happy before you put that image in my head." He explained and my eyes soften.

"Jordan..."

"I was having a really bad day today, and you single-handedly made it better by just answering the phone." He adds on.

"Jordan?"

"Yeah?" He said.

"Remind me to give you a hug." I said smiling softly.

His beautiful laugh rings out through the phone and I find my heart swelling up at the sound.

"I will."