Chapter 102

102.

Devyn

2 weeks later

It's been 2 weeks and the Finals have flown by.

But now it's time for Game 7.

The Golden State Warriors vs The Philadelphia 76ers.

How the hell did the Philadelphia 76ers take us to 7 games? I have no idea...

But it doesn't even matter...because those boys are getting a ring tonight.

I'm currently at work as the Chief has paged almost everyone to an emergency patient.

I walk down the hall turning the corner to see Dr. Avery so I fall into step with him.

"Do you know who the patient is?" I asked and he shakes his head. "Nope, but we're about to find out." He said opening the door for me as we walk into the room.

I see Roman, Elijah, Sierra, Cardio Doctors, OB-GYN's, General, and so on and so forth.

Damn.

"Doctors, this is my baby sister Lyla." The Chief said motioning to the woman in the bed.

"I'm not a baby, Israel." She said smacking his arm and I smile.

"There is something wrong with my sister. Medically, of course. But, we don't know what." He says and I can see a flash of concern run through his eyes.

"We have been to multiple doctors and they can't seem to find out what's wrong." He said.

"So, you all will be working on her today to figure out what exactly is wrong." He says right before she grabbed his arm groaning in pain.

"Are you alright?" He asked her and she shakes her head. "Now's the time for you all to be helping." He says and everybody jumps into action.

"Hi Lyla, I'm Devyn Steele. Can you tell me how long this pain has been going on?" I asked placing the stethoscope on her chest.

"Uh, it's been some hours." She says and I nod.

"So the pain just started a few hours ago. But how long have you been feeling like something is wrong?" I asked as someone hands me the cuff so I can take her pressure.

"A couple months." She says and I nod.

"Where is the pain exactly?" Roman asked her.

She groans motioning to her lower half. I look down raising my eyebrow. "Your stomach or your pelvis?" I asked.

"All of it." She exclaims as she throws her head back in pain.

"Come here." I tell Elijah and he steps up. We firmly push on her stomach a few times feeling that it's extremely hard. "When's the last time you had a bowel movement?" He asked her.

"Last night." She said and I nod.

"Tell me, Lyla. Can you feel this?" Dr. Avery asked running the stick along her feet.

"Uh, kind of. It's faint, really faint." She said breathlessly.

Tasha, the OB asked her something. "Lyla are you on your period?"

"No, I just went off last week." She says and I frown.

I step to the bottom of the bed looking at Tasha as I grab the bottom of the cover. "Lyla, I'm just gonna take a look okay?" I said softly and she nods. "Okay."

I gently pull up the sheet lightly lifting up her gown letting Tasha look. I blindly feel on her underwear feeling something hard.

"Lyla, do you feel that?" Tasha asked.