Chapter 37

37.

Devyn

It's been a week and a half since our date and things have been...hm.

Not gonna lie, I've been kind of avoiding Jordan. And you're probably wondering why...

Well, remember those intrusive thoughts I had about him on the way to the The Conservatory of Flowers?

Yeah well, they won't go away.

I don't know what it is, but everytime I see him I get all mushy and shit inside (and outside). And when I try to express that to him, it comes out very aggressive.

I've snapped on him a couple times.

Flashback

It was about 3 days after our date and I'm sitting in my office studying when the door opens. "Hey." Jordan said smiling at me.

"Hey." I said briefly glancing up before going back to my work.

"So, what are you doing this weekend?" He asked plopping down on my couch.

"Nothing. Why what's up?" I asked curiously.

"I wanna take you out again." He said and I smile at him.

"Sure. Where do you wanna go?" I asked.

"I was thinking maybe we could..." I zone out as I glance down to his arms as they flex while he's talking and my mind travels to the thought of them around me.

Devyn Elena Steele, what has gotten into you?

"Dev?" I snap back to reality glancing up to Jordan awaiting an answer. "Did you hear anything I said?" He asked.

"Um, yes?" I said it as more of a question and he smirks.

"So then what did I say?" He asked.

"Uh." I clear my throat. "I don't know." I said and he hummed.

"But I just remembered that I have something to do." I said and he raises his eyebrows.

"Oh really?" He asked and I nod. "Yep."

"Alright, well what about when I come back from the road trip?" He suggests.

"I have something to do then too." I mumbled and his eyes narrow.

"You avoiding me?" He bluntly asked and I shake my head. "No."

"So you already know you have something to do a week from now and I didn't even give you a specific day?" He asked.

"Yes, isn't that what I just said?" I snapped at him and he raises his eyebrows. "Who the fuck are you talking to Devyn?"

"You. You're sitting here questioning me and I already told you I have something to do." I said angrily.

He stares at me for a moment licking his lips and I can see the vein pop out his temple.

He's fine when he's mad...

"Cool." He said standing up. My face falls as he makes his way to the door slamming it shut.

I run my fingers through my head sighing. I didn't mean to do that...

Flashback over

So yeah. To sum it all up...I'm horny.

And I don't want Jordan to think of me any differently and think that I only would pursue him for pleasure.

Because that's not it at all.