Chapter 146

146.

Devyn

3 hours later

It's been 3 hours since I gave birth and I just woke up. I fed Braeden right before I knocked out and now I'm about to feed him again.

I flutter my eyes open and I'm immediately met with the sight of Jordan having skin to skin while he talks to him.

"I'm so happy you're here." He said softly. "We've been patiently waiting for you."

"There were some tough nights. Where I just wanted you to come out because you were giving your mama a hard time and she would cry in my arms all night.

And all I kept telling her was to wait it out, because the reward is so much better. And I was right, this is the best reward I've ever got.

Forget the championships, forget me getting drafted. Forget all the game winners and clutch shots I've made. Nothing amounts to holding you in my arms right now. Nothing." He said and I smiled.

"I love you with every bone in my body son. And I promise to always do that. And to never make you feel like we can't talk to each other. If something's wrong, I want you to express that to me.

And whatever battle you have coming your way, no matter how major or minor, just know we gon' tackle it together. You don't ever gotta go through anything alone.

I promise to be a better father to my children than my father was to his children. I put that on my life. I got you forever, Braeden Anthony Poole. Forever." He said kissing the top of his head softly.

"Look at you." I said groggily with a smile on my face. He looks over at me smiling. "Hey sleepy head."

"He alright?" I asked nudging my head to our son. "He's great." He said nodding.

"It's been 3 hours right?" I asked turning over on my back. Jordan gets up pressing the button to put the bed up humming. "Mmhmm."

Once he sits me up my eyes finally land on Kai and Zuri knocked out on the couch and I smile.

I adjust my position until I'm comfortable before pulling down the top of my gown so I can feed him. Jordan passes him to me and I smile.

"Hi my beautiful boy." I whispered. I adjust and he latched on to my nipple starting to feed. I look over at Jordan who is sitting there watching me carefully while manspreading and pulling his chin hair.

"Stop looking at me like that, Poole." I said shaking my head.

"Why?" He asked smirking.

"Because I just had your baby. And when you look at me like that, I'm gonna wanna give you another one." I said truthfully and he smiled.

"I'm fine with that." He said and I laugh lightly. "But not right now." He adds and I nod agreeing with him.

"Not right now." I repeat. "Because I already know he's gonna be a handful." I said and he laughs.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Because he looks just like his father, who is a handful." I said putting emphasis on the last four words and he snorts.

"Yeah alright." He says standing up. He makes his way over to me lightly tilting my head back and I snap my eyes to his.

"I'm proud of you." He said placing his lips on my forehead.

"Of every fucking thing you do." He adds pecking my nose.

"You are the definition of superwoman. You do it all." He mumbles kissing both of my cheeks.