Chapter 144

144.

Devyn

2 hours later

It's now 3:00pm and I'm in a much better headspace than I was two hours ago.

The kids came back up and Tasha brought them an exercise ball they could roll on themselves and I'll admit, it did cheer me up.

Jordan has been an extremely big help to me. He held me for an hour with no complaints, just encouraging and soothing words.

When I finally told him I was okay, he was reluctant to let me go but he did anyway.

And now I'm having an amazing time just rolling back and forth on this ball.

I hear a knock on the door before it opens and Tasha walks in smiling at me. "You look in much better spirits mama."

"I am. I'm thinking about those club subs at the end of the finish line." I said and she laughs. I look over at Jordan who is watching me amused.

"I'm still getting them right?" I asked and he nods. "Absolutely. Once you're around 9 centimeters I'll run down the street and get them. I'll put them in the fridge until you give birth." He said and I smiled brightly nodding.

"Awesome." I said happily.

"Alright mama let's get you on the bed and see how dilated you are." She says and I nod as I hop off the ball walking over to the bed.

"Look at her, she's zooming." Tasha said to Jordan and I laughed as he helps me up in the bed.

She lifts my gown up and she hums. Please don't still be three centimeters.

Please be over five...

She puts my gown down and I look at her nervously. "Please give me good news." I begged.

"Well you're definitely not 3 centimeters anymore." She said.

"How far is she?" Jordan asked rocking a sleeping Zuri in his arms.

"You're 7 centimeters dilated." She says and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Really?"

"Mhmm. You've been on that ball for two hours straight, what do you expect?" She asked and I laughed.

"So I'd give it roughly 3 more hours and then you should be ready to push." She said and I smiled.

"Okay, okay. That's not too bad." I said nodding to myself as the door opens. Roman and Elijah step in smiling at me.

"How far is she?" Roman asked.

"7." Jordan said and they nod.

"Have you heard from Dr. Avery yet?" I asked hopefully.

"No." They both said and I instantly frown.

"He hasn't been in all day?" I asked.

"Nope." Tasha said.

I nod looking down playing with my fingers when Jordan speaks. "You want me to call him?" He asked.

I nod immediately and he nods getting up out his seat placing Zuri down in it before kissing the top of my head walking out the room.

He better answer...

_

Jordan

I step out the room pulling my phone out my pocket dialing his number.

After about 10 rings he picks up. "Hello?"