Chapter 157

157.

Devyn

January 27th

We're one day away y'all.

From me being Mrs. Devyn Poole.

Today we're having a little party with the whole family to just celebrate Jordan and I since we both decided we weren't gonna have a bachelor or bachelorette party.

Jordan and I are currently on our way to the hotel we'll all be staying at which is right down the street from The Conservatory of Flowers.

Ralen and J2 came to pick up the kids so they can help them with something. God knows what...

"One more day." Jordan said grabbing my hand with his right as he drives with his left.

"One more day." I whispered running my thumb over his knuckles. "Nervous?" I asked him.

"Eh...about the ceremony? A little. About marrying you? Hell no." He said and I smiled brightly.

"Nervous?" He asked me.

"Not about you. But about everything else? Yeah, I'm shitting bricks." I admit and we burst out laughing.

"It's okay to be nervous. 'Cus what we gonna do about it?" He said briefly looking over at me.

"We gon' thug that shit out." I said and he smirks. "Damn right."

We pull up to the hotel five minutes later and I unbuckle my seatbelt. Jordan gets out the car walking around to my side to open my door.

I grab his hand as he helps me out before shutting the door. We walk hand in hand up to the hotel doors before walking in.

We go up to the desk and a woman smiles at us. "Hi, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Well first, I got two separate rooms booked under Poole." Jordan said and she nods typing it up on the computer.

"Ah yes, here we are." She says handing us our key cards and we smile thanking her.

"And could you also lead us in the direction of the ballroom? We're attending a party." I said.

She looks up from her papers glancing at us intently tilting her glasses down. "You're Mr. and Mrs. Poole? Well, soon to be?" She asked us with a smile on her face and we nod.

"Yes ma'am." Jordan said.

"Congratulations to you two. May God bless you and your bond of love." She says before walking around the desk leading the way to the ballroom.

I look up at Jordan with a smile on my face and he returns it kissing the back of my hand as we walk around the corner down a hall.

"Here you are, enjoy the party." She says before we bud her goodbye.

Jordan opens the doors and I smile brightly at the setup. "Wow..." (setup in mm)

"There's the couple of the hour." I hear Ayesha say and I smile as everyone turns around smiling at us.

"Guys..." I pout. "This is so cute." I admit.

"Hey, what our girl wants, she gets." Hazel said walking over as well as the other girls.

"Amen to that." Jordan said peeking over my shoulder jumping in our conversation and I smile.

His eyes shift to me and he smiles. "I'll see you later alright?" He mumbles and I nod pecking his lips before we go our separate ways.

"Are you ready to party soon to be Mrs. Poole?" Ayesha said holding her hand out. I smile grabbing ahold of it before nodding.

"Ready."