Chapter 71

71.

Devyn

It's the next day and I had to go in a little earlier so Jordan took the kids to school.

When I got there Dr. Miller was waiting there at the door for me with my charts and a cup of coffee.

He said and I quote, "Dr. Avery went into surgery so he threatened to cut my leg off if I didn't wait for you with coffee."

Love you Dr. Avery.

I thanked him and headed to the locker room to change into my scrubs before we did rounds on our patients.

It's now about 11:00am and I'm just doing some charts when my pager goes off.

MM-ER Level 1

"No that can't be right." I mumbled getting out my seat.

I jog down the hall passing Miller. "Dr. Steele?"

"Uh, finish my charts. I'll be back." I said getting in the elevator and he nods as the doors close.

I tap my foot impatiently as the floors fly by. I make it to the ER and the doors open and I walk out jogging down the hall.

A doctor spots me coming down the hall and she sighs. "He's fine, stop worrying. We just need you to..." She trails off as I walk through the door scanning the room for him.

My eyes fall on him sitting in the bed with his eyes closed and I gently take the chart from her.

"I got it." She nods walking away as I make my way over to him.

"Moses Moody, ER, Level 1 injury." I read off and he pops his eyes open.

"Hey Dev." He sighed and I glanced to his finger that's out of socket.

"Which one of the demons did this?" I asked putting gloves on sitting down next to him.

"One of the new guys." He said and I nod applying some numbing cream.

"Chemistry's not quite there yet?" I asked and he nods. "Not yet."

"You guys will get it. There just has to be a bit of an adjustment." I explained and he nods.

"Ready?" I asked grabbing onto his finger and he hums. "Mhmm."

"On the count of 3." I said and he sits up. "1." I quickly pop his finger back in place and he groans.

"You ain't even feel that, stop lying." I said and he laughs lightly.

"Who brought you here?" I asked.

"It's not that far, I walked." He said and I nod.

"I'll take you back, let me grab my keys." I said heading up to my locker.

After telling my resident where I'm going and to keep an eye on the patients I headed out with Moses.

We hopped in my car and I drove to the practice facility. We get out making our way inside. "So you gonna tell me which one did it?" I asked and he laughs.

"Nah, I think you'll be able to figure that out. You always had a good eye." He explains as we make it to the court.

I see all the guys getting some shots up and I glance around until my eyes fall on one particular Warrior.

"Uh oh, he brought mama bear back." Draymond announced and all the guys turned to us.

"She insisted." Moses said raising his hands in surrender.

"Does she know which one did it?" Klay asked.

"I don't think he told her, but I think she figured it out." Steph said as I walk over to the culprit.