Chapter 99

99.

Devyn

9 hours later we arrived in Jamaica and it is absolutely beautiful.

We make it to our rooms and I immediately walk to the sliding doors to look at the view.

"Damn." I mumbled.

I take a look around the room and I walk into the bedroom to see flowers on the bed. (picture in mm)

My eyes soften as I walk over taking the card out.

We're making this a regular thing baby. For one, because I can just imagine how your face brightened when you saw them. And two, so you can call me and I know you got settled in safely.

So every year for your girls trip, expect flowers. Have a good time.

I love you, Devyn Elena.

Signed, Poole.

I pull out my phone dialing his number. After two rings he picks up. "Hello?"

"Do you always try to make me cry?" I asked smelling the flowers.

"I never try to make you cry Devyn." He said laughing.

"Well, you did. They're beautiful." I said smiling at them.

"I'm glad you like them baby." He said.

We talk for a couple more minutes before we close out the conversation.

"I love you." I said softly.

"I love you too Dev." His voice rings out. "Have a good time, alright?"

"I will, I'll call you later." I said and he agrees before we hang up.

I walk into the bathroom about to take a shower when I get a phone call. I pick up the phone seeing it's the group chat.

"Yo."

"What time are we meeting in the lobby?" Ayesha asked.

"Uh, let's say...in an hour?" Hazel suggested and everybody agrees.

"Thank God, because Lord knows I want some Curry Goat." Ayesha said.

"You always wanna eat something with the name Curry." Kamie said and I snort.

"Because I eat Curry on the regular if you know what I mean." She said winking and my jaw drops.

"Bitch why do you always act this way when we're on vacation?" Mariah asked laughing.

"That's the exact reason, because I'm on vacation." She says and I nod. "Understandable, very understandable." I said.

"Alright, meet up in an hour." Ayesha said and we all agree hanging up.

I turn the shower on and as I wait for it to get hot, I walk back out to the room to see the ice bucket with the bottle of champagne. I grab the glass popping the bottle open before pouring a little bit.

Just as I was about to take a sip, something hit the window. I glance over to see a bird.

He flaps his wings at me and I smile. "Hi birdie."

I place the glass down walking to the door as he rests on the table looking at me tilting his head. "You hungry?" I asked him.

Here I go talking to animals again...

I walk through the room seeing a complimentary bowl of fruit on the side table. I walk over taking out a strawberry before walking over to the door.

I unlock it and he snaps his head to me. "Don't be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you." I said softly.