Chapter 12

12.

Devyn

It's now Thursday which means it's the first game of the regular season.

I promised Jordan that Kai and I would be there so I went into work a little earlier so I could get off earlier.

I just picked up Kai from school and now we're on our way home to get dressed for the game.

"Devyn!" Kai yells from his room.

"Yeah buddy?!" I yell straightening my hair.

"Can I wear my new shoes?" He asked walking into the room holding them with his hands inside of them.

"Sure you can." I said and he smiles.

"Yes! Jordan said I..." He mumbles the rest as he walks out so I don't hear him.

"Woah woah woah, back it up mini me. What did Jordan say?" I asked putting a hand on my hip.

"He said I gotta look fly for the baddies." He said popping his imaginary collar and my jaw drops.

"And when did he tell you this?" I asked shocked.

"Last night when I was on FaceTime with Zuri." He shrugged walking out my room.

"Baddies my ass." I mumbled. I'm gonna kill him...

It's now 4:00 and we're finally heading out to go to the arena. I grab our passes throwing them in my bag before we head out the apartment.

We make our way out the building and get into the car. "You excited buddy?" I asked looking at Kai through the rearview mirror seeing him nod his head excitedly. "Yeah!"

We talk about his day at school the whole ride there. When we arrive he jumps out the car running around to my side trying to open the door.

"Well aren't you a sweetheart? Thanks buddy." I said and he smiles grabbing my hand.

"Jordan told me no matter how many baddies I have, you'll always be the number one woman in my life so I should treat you very good." He said nodding to himself and I smile brightly.

"He did huh?" I asked amused and he nods.

Okay maybe I won't kill him...

We make our way inside the arena and Kai looks around in awe. "Whoa." He mumbles to himself and I smile.

"This is awesome." He said happily.

I let him drag me around majority of the arena before he decided he was ready to go down to the court.

We make it through the tunnel and I see the boys warming up. "Jordan!" Kai yells and he turns around confused before his eyes lock on us.

"Hey buddy!" He exclaims and Kai lets go of my hand running on the court to him.

Jordan catches him mid run and tosses him up in the air with ease as he squeals. My heart melts at the sight of them interacting when I feel a hand on my back.

"Well isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen." Hazel says smirking.

I playfully roll my eyes before turning back to them. "Your two favorite boys have a good relationship." She says and I silently agree.

"Who said Jordan was my favorite?" I asked and she looks at me pointedly.

"Girl, try to lie to someone else. I see it all over your face." She says and I laugh. "Whatever. They do have a good relationship though."

"And I know that gives him about 50 more brownie points in your book." She said raising an eyebrow at me.

"I'm not confirming or denying anything." I said and she squealed.