Chapter 92

92.

Devyn

3 weeks later

It's now April 1st and playoffs are in 2 weeks. Which means I have one week left until I have to pick my two residents.

I might have an idea of who I want but I can't set it in stone until next Friday.

These past 3 weeks have been pretty good to say the least. The kids are doing great, they can't wait until schools over though because they're ready to go on vacation.

Once again, they know where we're going but I don't. So I guess one of these days Jordan will tell me.

Speaking of Jordan, we're doing really good. We actually recently started doing therapy. And trust me, it's not what you think.

We haven't went to an actual therapist. We have two very special therapists that sit with us at the end of every night with their notebooks and ask us questions.

Like if I did something Jordan didn't like that day he'd tell me and vice versa. And then we talk about the things we did like and so on and so forth.

So yeah...

Dr. Malachi Rivers and Dr. Zuri Poole are doing a GREAT job.

And you know, just like a real therapist...we have to pay them. I think they're just doing it for the money.

But it's still cute.

Anyways, the guys don't have a game tonight so a few of them will be coming with me to work today.

Dr. Avery and Steve suggested that I'd let the residents meet some of the team and do "fake procedures" to see how they'd work if they actually were on their table.

So yeah, it should be fun.

Kai and Zuri slept over at Kamie's last night so they're spending the entire day together.

It's about 5:00am and I get out of bed cooking breakfast before I hop in the shower.

I usually don't eat breakfast every morning but for the past 3 weeks I've been hungrier. So yeah...

Here we are.

I decided to make a sausage, bacon, egg and cheese sandwich but here's the twist...

The bread is pound cake French toast.

(Y'all, I promise this'll change your life.)

I saw it on TikTok yesterday and I brought little pound cake loafs from the market yesterday because I wanted to cook it today.

After about 30-45 minutes I'm finished cooking everything. I place two pieces of cake on my plate before putting the sausages on there. Then I add the eggs topping it off with the bacon.

"Shit, I might need to get another nap in before I go to work." I mumbled. I opened the fridge grabbing the apple juice when I hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"What you in here whipping up that's smelling all good?" Jordan asked coming around the corner sluggishly.

"Breakfast sandwich." I said simply and he eyes me. "That ain't no regular sandwich. You added something else today." He said walking over to me curiously.

He eyes the food on the counter before raising his eyebrows. "That's pound cake?" He mumbles and I hum. "Mmhmm, Pound Cake French Toast."

He nods impressed. "Damn, I smelled this all the way in the room." He said.

"That's why you woke up?" I asked as he grabbed a plate out the cabinet.

"Yeah, and I was wondering where the hell you were. You usually wake up at 6:00 when we don't have to take the kids to school." He explains and I nod.