Chapter 116

116.

Devyn

August 5, 1999. 8:05am.

Devyn Elena Steele was born.

Tomorrow, I'll be 24 years old.

And I can't stress enough how much God has blessed me.

This past week has been filled with nothing but rest and relaxation so we can get ready for this party tomorrow.

I feel so much better than I did a few days ago so I'm officially ready to turn the fuck up for my birthday.

I wake up at 7:00am because we have to be on the plane by 9:00. I brush my teeth and wash my face before walking out the room.

I head down the hall to the kitchen and my eyes soften. "My birthday isn't until tomorrow." I tell Jordan looking at the setup on the counter. (picture in mm)

"Well, we're gonna be in Miami by then, and I just wanted to give you something AT home." He says as I smell the flowers.

"These are gorgeous, thank you." I said softly as he smiles. "You're welcome."

"Louis Vuitton? Do I wanna know what these are?" I asked motioning to the boxes.

"Uh, you might have a pretty good guess as to what it is. Just know, I was listening." He said.

I furrow my eyebrows opening the little box first. I laugh lightly seeing it's a silver bracelet.

"You've been wanting one since you saw me with mine last year. Although you never said it, I noticed you'd always put mine on when I wasn't wearing it.

And I just never got it for you, because I wanted to upgrade all your shit at once, feel me?" He asked motioning to my ring and I smile nodding.

"I love it, thank you." I said kissing his cheek. I open the slightly bigger one seeing its a wallet.

My mind drifts back to that day in the movie theater and I laugh. "You really thought my wallet was ugly?" I asked and he snorts.

"The first one I got you was nice. But then the more I looked at it, the more it actually did start to get ugly." He said and I raised my eyebrows amused.

"But this one right here? Oh yeah, this hard." He said holding it up and I smile.

"You got one too, didn't you?" I asked already knowing and he smirks pulling the smaller male version out his pocket.

"You know I had to." He said and we laugh.

"Thank you." I said and he nods. "No problem, baby."

I open the big one and I almost tear up. "You got me the tote bag?" I asked pouting.

"You said that's the one you wanted to take to the hospital for yourself when you go into labor." He said.

"Jordan I told you I wanted one LIKE that. Because I didn't want to spend all that money on it but I loved the size." I said.

"Yeah but, you deserve it baby. You work hard day in and day out, you take care of two kids, you still manage to cook and clean even though I tell you not to. And you're carrying an entire human inside of you." He explained.

"The LEAST I can do is buy you a bag that you wanted." He said.

I nod rubbing my eyes trying not to cry. "Thanks, Poole."

"You don't have to thank me, I know you're appreciative." He said softly.

"I do have to thank you. You do a lot for me, you have ever since we've met. I appreciate every gift, every meal, everything you've ever brought me or done for me. You're a good person. And I love you so much for that." I said truthfully.