Chapter 89

89.

Devyn

It's the next day and I have to be at work earlier then normal because Dr. Avery isn't going to be there.

Why? I have no idea.

I wake up, take my shower and put my outfit on before walking out in the kitchen seeing Jordan making breakfast.

"Good morning." I said kissing the top of Zuri and Kai's heads.

"Good morning." They say in unison.

I walk over to Jordan pecking his lips quickly as he hands me my sandwich. I stop for a minute taking a breath blessing my food before biting into the sandwich.

"Damn." I mumbled looking up at him smirking at me. "Remind me to give Esh a kiss, her lessons are paying off." I said and he smiles.

"Have a good day, and slow down Devyn." He said sternly.

"I got a lot to do today." I said and he nods. "I know, but you're zooming all around at 7:00am, you drunk a Red Bull or something?" He asked and I laughed.

"No, I'm rushing Jordan." I said grabbing his apple juice taking a huge gulp. "Damn, buy some more of that." I said.

He raises his eyebrows. "Well shit now I'm gonna have to." He exclaimed holding up the empty cup and I laugh.

"You'll be fine, have a good day." I said kissing his cheek.

"And as for you two." I said turning to Kai and Zuri. "Make sure he feeds you." I said sternly and they nod.

"I was promised food, that's the only reason I'm going." Kai said and I look at him amused.

"No, you're going because you're only 5 and we're not leaving you home by yourself." I said.

"I mean, I guess so." He shrugs and I laugh.

"You're a trip." I said walking over to him. "I love you kid." I add.

"I love you too." He said. "And I love you." I said to Zuri.

"I love you too Devyn." She said and I smiled.

I walk over to the door opening it turning around to Jordan. "Be careful." I say poking his chest sternly.

"I will baby, I promise." He said and I nod. He leans down pecking my lips quickly and I smile.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, bye." I said running down the hall.

I did NOT feel like wearing heels today, my feet are killing me and I know I'll be doing a lot of running today.

I get in the elevator and head down to the lobby. I walk out the door just as I get a phone call.

I slip my phone out my pocket pressing the button. "Hello?"

"Are you on your way? They said we have 16 incoming traumas." Dr. Moore's voice rings out the phone and I nod even though he can't see me.

"Yep, hopping in the car right now. What's the damage?" I asked hopping in the car starting it.

"Uh, a bar fight." Dr. Miller's voice said and I furrow my eyebrows.

"A bar fight at 7:00am?" I asked.

"Yep, must've been some people just getting off work. Had a long day and decided to go have a beer. And yeah, bar fight." He explains and I can imagine him shrugging.

16 injuries at a bar fight? What kind of shit...

"Alright well I'll be there in 10 minutes, make sure all the OR's are clear. We got a long day ahead of us boys." I said before hanging up.