Chapter 85

85.

Devyn

I finished my shift and I went home to change my clothes so we can head to the movies.

I get in the elevator heading up to our floor. I get off walking down the hall unlocking the door.

I open the door immediately seeing Milo, Kota, and Kai come around that corner.

"Hi babies." I said petting each of them. "How's my sweet babies?" I coo at them knowing damn well they can't answer me.

Listen y'all...one day they're gonna respond. One day.

I kick my shoes off hearing the tv on in our room. I walk in to see Kai and Zuri on the bed watching tv. "Hi Devyn."

"Hey." I said kissing the top of their heads. "Where's Jordan?" I asked.

Because I know damn well he didn't leave them in the house by themselves.

They point to the bathroom door and I nod. "Alright, let me shower and then we can go alright?" I said and they nod.

I open the bathroom door not seeing Jordan and I furrow my eyebrows closing it behind me. I see the door to the toilet creak open and Jordan's eye in the crevice.

"Hey baby." He said and I smiled. "Hey. You alright in there?"

"No." He said simply. "Can you hand me the spray?" He asked and I laughed handing him the can.

"How long have you been in there?" I asked turning the shower on.

"Eh, maybe about 20 minutes." He said and I laugh. He sprays and I immediately scrunch my face up.

"What scent is that?" I asked slipping my shirt off.

"Uh, lavender." He said reading the can. I hummed unbuttoning my pants.

"You good?" He asked and I nod. "Yeah, it's just-does it smell weird to you?" I asked him.

He smells it shaking his head. "Smells fine to me."

"Hm." Maybe I'm trippin...

I get completely naked stepping into the shower. My muscles immediately relax and I groan taking my hair out the ponytail.

I grab the loofah and body wash starting to lather it into my body. I hear the toilet flush and Jordan opens the door walking over to the sink washing his hands.

He threw the spray away opening under the sink grabbing a different one. I watch him carefully as he sprays it sniffing it. "Baby?"

"Hm?"

"You like clean linen?" He asked reading the can. I open the door smelling it nodding. "That one's fine."

He nods sitting it on the counter and I close the door back.

I close my eyes letting the water hit my face when I suddenly feel a breeze. "Come here." He mumbled.

I open my eyes walking towards the door being careful not to get water on his outfit. He slips his hand behind my neck looking at me intently.

"You feeling alright?" He asked and I nod. He puts the back of his hand on my forehead. I watch him carefully before he drops that hand running his thumb across my cheek.

"Take your time, movie doesn't start for another hour and a half." He said and I nod as he pecks my lips.

He closes the door back before walking out the bathroom.

I turn back around finishing up my shower enjoying these few minutes by myself.

_