Chapter 108

108.

Devyn

I nod looking at him in shock as he takes a deep breath. "Damn it." He said.

"Jordan..." I trailed off as I tear up.

"I had all the right words to say. I swear I did. But after seeing you walk down here I just, lost my train of thought." He said truthfully as he looks down.

"It's okay." I whispered shaking my head as he grabs my hand.

"Devyn. Ever since I've laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. That might sound cheesy or whatever but I swear I did.

I mean for crying out loud I literally said, 'I'm hearing how well your name sounds with my last name.'" He said and I smiled thinking back on the memory.

"And to be quite honest with you, I never stopped saying that name in my head over and over and over again. And I loved the way it sounded.

And then when you told me you're not marrying me, I just KNEW I had you then. I've been wanting you to eat your words ever since." He said smiling and I laugh.

"I think that's when you knew too, that we'd be in this for the long run. Even though we weren't even together at that time. There was always something there, ever since we first met.

There was a spark. And even after all this time, that spark never went out. From strangers, to friends, to best friends, to lovers, to my forever." He said seriously and I wipe under my eyes trying to stop crying.

"I love you so damn much, and I'm so so sorry I've been having to keep this from you for so long. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I couldn't just come right out and say it you know?" He asked and I nod understandingly.

"I love listening to you talk about your day and every surgery you've had and every patient that came through those ER doors.

I love hearing you go on and on about different types of flowers every time you see one. Which is why I always buy them for you.

I love seeing you smile so brightly over wings. I mean for crying out loud I've never brought so many different kinds of wings in my life. But I'd get you all the wings in the world if that's what you wanted.

I love that you're the first face I see in the morning and the last one I see at night. And honestly? I want that forever Devyn. For fucking ever." He said and I can see every single emotion flowing through his eyes.

Nervousness, urgency, seriousness, adoration, admiration.

And of course...

Love.

"So, I brought you and everyone you love out here to a place you've always wanted to go, so that I can ask you a very important question." He says as he pulls out a little velvet box from his pocket.

He pops it open and my jaw drops. "Poole..."

"The beautiful Dr. Devyn Elena Steele, would you please make me the happiest man on this planet, and marry me?"

I glance at him seeing a single tear slip out his eye. My eyes soften as I nod quickly. "I'd love to."

"I'm sorry, did you say yes?" He asked raising an eyebrow and I slap his shoulder. "Of course I said yes Poole, are you crazy?!" I exclaimed as he gets up and scoops me in his arms.

"When I tell you I have been shitting bricks all damn day." He mumbled into my neck and I burst out laughing.

"Why?" I asked as we pull apart.