Chapter 91

91.

Devyn

My shift is finally over and I'm so damn exhausted. I had 10 surgeries today with barely any breaks.

I get home and immediately go in the bathroom to turn the shower on.

As I wait for it to get hot, I go grab one of Jordan's shirts out the drawer and a pair of underwear laying it on the bed.

I go back in the bathroom quickly wrapping my hair putting my scarf and bonnet on.

The sleep I am about to get is crazy...

I suddenly get a headache and I groan holding my head. I open the cabinet grabbing the acetaminophen before going to the kitchen.

I pour a glass of water before popping the pill in my mouth and downing the water.

Did I eat today? Damn...

I open the fridge to see a leftover turkey wing from last night. I pop it into the microwave for 2 minutes before taking it out.

I bless my food leaning against the counter taking a bite as my eyes roll to the back of my head.

This shit taste like I'm walking on a cloud.

"Was this turkey wing that good last night?" I mumbled before shrugging.

"Poor turkeys." I said as a sudden thought.

Some turkey had to die for me to eat. I start to tear up at the thought. "Those poor turkeys." I said sadly.

I continue to shed a couple tears but I never put that damn plate down until it was all gone.

"That turkey was good as shit." I said throwing the plate away walking back to my room.

I walk in the bathroom taking my clothes off throwing them in the hamper before stepping in the shower.

I groan as my muscles instantly relax. "What a day." I mumbled.

"Who the fuck starts a bar fight at 7:00am?" I exclaim out loud. "Like you're so rude." I add on.

I enjoy my shower for the next 20 minutes before stepping out wrapping a towel around my body.

I go back in the room sitting on the bed turning the tv on. "Hm, what should I watch?" I asked myself.

"Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Stranger Things, Locke & Key?" I mumbled scrolling through each show.

"I'm feeling like a hunter tonight. Supernatural it is." I said turning it on.

I grab the lotion rubbing it all into my skin as the episode resumes where I left off at. I finish up sliding my underwear on pulling the shirt on.

I throw the towel in the hamper before turning the lights off jumping in the bed. After about 30 seconds I groan.

"Really bladder? You couldn't tell me you had to pee BEFORE I got in the bed?" I asked getting up walking in the bathroom.

I hum "Eye of The Tiger" as it plays on the tv. "You better sing it Dean!" I yell flushing the toilet washing my hands.

I walk back in the room jumping back in the bed under the covers watching the show.

I glance at the phone to see it's 8:45 and no texts from Jordan.

"Alright Poole, come home. I miss you guys." I whispered snuggling into the covers more.

And before I knew it, I dozed off with my family on my mind.