Chapter 52

52.

Devyn

2 days later

I've been thinking non stop about what Steve, Dray, and Iggy told me and it's been driving me crazy.

I love Jordan?

Like...LOVE love him?

I mean yes, we're together and I'm so happy when I'm around him but...love?

I don't...know.

I don't think we're really there yet. Or maybe we are...

I don't fucking know.

Anyways, Kai stayed at Wiggs' and Mychal's last night so I'll be picking him up tomorrow from school.

I get dressed heading out the door. 20 minutes later I arrived at the arena and I get out heading inside.

I walk through the halls making my way to the court to see the guys getting shots up.

I start humming the graduation song and Steph turns around smiling at me. "Well hello Mr. College Graduate." I said bringing him into a hug.

"Hey Dev." He said as we pull apart.

"Congratulations. How does it feel to finally have a degree?" I asked.

"I still can't kind of process it. I don't think it'll hit me until I actual have that degree in hand." He said and I nod.

Davidson is having the 2022 Commencement Ceremony today and one of their graduates is none other than Wardell Stephen Curry II.

He finished all his assignments and got all his credits needed to finally graduate and we couldn't be prouder of him.

Obviously he couldn't make it to the actual ceremony because he's in the middle of a championship run so they told him they'll be holding a private ceremony sometime later this year.

He'll also be getting his jersey retired so I know he's excited about that.

"Well, I'm proud of you. We're all proud of you. You've had an amazing year so far and you're not done." I said and he smiled.

"Gotta get that fourth ring." Jordan said putting his hands on his shoulders hyping him up and I smile nodding.

"Exactly. And you will, just stay the course." I said and he nods.

"That goes for all of you." I said looking at the entire team. "Stay. The. Course."

"Devyn are you stealing my job again?" Steve asked walking over to us.

"Nooooo, why did I do a good job?" I asked sheepishly and he nods. "Great job kid, but stick to saving lives." He said and I nod. "Got it."

The boys scatter away continuing with their practice as Jordan walks over to me.

"Hi." He said leaning down towards me.

"Hi." I said softly before he connects our lips. I smiled placing my hand on his chest as we enjoy the sweet kiss.

I'll never get used to being able to kiss him any time I want. Sometimes it doesn't even feel real.

I wish I can stay like this forever. In his arms, where I feel most safe.

I hope we're still like this when we have kids. And they'll understand the true feelings we have for each other.

I hope-

Wait.

We pull apart and rest our foreheads against each other. He cradled my cheek in his hand and the longer he stares at me I start to feel small under his gaze.