Chapter 48

48.

Devyn

I drive over to the school to pick up Kai and about 5 minutes later the bell rings and all the kids start running out.

I see Kai running towards the car and I smile unlocking the door. He opens the door hopping in. "Devyn!"

"Kai!" I said with the same enthusiasm and he smiled.

"Did you have fun at Auntie Esh's and Uncle Steph's last night?" I asked and he nods excitedly.

"Yeah! Did you have fun with Jordan?" He asked and I cough violently when I suddenly realized that he meant the date and not the events that took place after.

"Yeah, we had fun." I said sobering up.

"Do you think we can hang with him and Zuri today?" He asked hopefully and I smiled.

"Actually, I was just about to tell you that we were going to spend time with them at the arena." I said and he smiled brightly.

"Awesome! Can we get food first though? I'm hungry, and Uncle Juan told me about this spot that has good ribs." He said.

"You don't even eat ribs." I said amused as we pulled off.

"Well I can try them." He said holding his arms out and I burst out laughing.

"And make sure you get something I like, in case I don't like the ribs. Then I can nibble on yours." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Boy please, come on let's go change your clothes first."

_

After changing his clothes we met Jordan and Zuri at the restaurant to get our food and then head back to the arena.

We currently sitting around in my office eating. Kai opens his container of food looking at the ribs rubbing his hands like birdman.

"They look good bubs?" I asked amused and he nods slowly.

"These ribs finna buss!" He said and I narrow my eyes looking straight at Jordan.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"You taught him that?" I asked him.

"No." He said.

"Yes." Kai and Zuri said at the same time.

"I figured you did." I said laughing.

"I might've said it a couple times around him." He said.

"Jordy you say it all the time." Zuri said and Kai nods.

"Snitches get stitches." He said to them playfully and they laugh.

"And liars pants catch on fire." Kai said and I snap my fingers.

"Period." Zuri and I say at the same time.

"Y'all are all against me." Jordan said shaking his head and I laugh.

Kai takes a bite of the rib and bounces up and down excitedly. "They're so good!" He groans and I laugh.

"Better than nuggets?" Jordan asked him.

Kai holds out the rib to him and I smile as Jordan takes a huge bite out of it. He hums before his eyes widen.

"Definitely better than nuggets." Jordan says and Kai nods quickly.

"But." Kai said holding a finger up. "Nuggets are still amazing." He adds and I laugh.

"True." Zuri says pounding his fist.