Chapter 58

58.

Devyn

We've been in Cabo for about three days and we've done so much already and had a great time.

We went sailing, snorkeling, bike riding in the park, and even rode on the ATVs.

Now today we're gonna be zip lining and I am shitting bricks.

I don't know if you know this about me but one thing I hate is heights.

Now, I don't mind getting on planes because I know I have to for work. But, when it comes to be high up in the air with nothing under me?

Oh yeah, I'ma cry.

We've put it off long enough but I told them I wasn't finna chicken out, so we're doing it today.

I put on my outfit before leaving out the room to meet the girls in the lobby. (outfit in mm)

"There's the woman of the hour." Hazel said and I pout walking sluggishly to them.

"You know you don't have to do this right?" Ayesha asked and I nod.

"I know, I know. But I don't wanna be a buzz kill." I said.

"Girl you ain't no buzz kill, I'm scared too." Mychal said and we all snap our heads to her.

"You are?" I asked shocked and she nods. "Yep, but it looks like fun." She said shrugging.

"It does." I said. "I'm all for it." I add looking at them.

"Yeah?" Audi says and I nod.

"Great, then let's do this."

_

"I don't wanna do this."

We're currently at the top and I'm getting ready to go across the zip line.

I look down and immediately felt my heart drop to my ass.

"You're gonna be fine Dev, don't worry." Ayesha said rubbing my back.

"That's a long ass drop. If I fall I ain't gonna be fine." I said pointedly and she laughs.

"Then don't fall." Hazel said and I rolled my eyes. "Wow, why didn't I think of that?" I asked sarcastically.

I hear a FaceTime call connect before I hear a very familiar voice. "Wassup Esh?"

"Tell your woman to stop being pussy and get on this zip line." Ayesha said and I glare at her playfully.

"Give her the phone." He said.

She hands me the phone and I see Jordan eating. "What's wrong?" He asked chewing.

"It's a long drop." I said looking down again.

"You're not dropping baby, you're gliding." He said.

"What if the line snaps?" I asked and he looks at me pointedly.

"Devyn." He said sternly. "It's not gonna snap."

"You don't know that." I said shaking my head.

"Ok and if it does then the girls will raise hell and then when I get there I'ma raise hell." He said and I laughed.

The guide pops into the camera behind me putting a thumbs up. "Don't worry, I got her." He reassured Jordan and he nods.

"Oh I know, she's just being pussy." He said and my jaw drops.

"Stop." I whined.

"Strap her in bro." Jordan says and he nods putting the harness on me. I shake my head frantically.