Chapter 65

65.

Devyn

June 20, 2022.

The day my life could change forever.

The day I could potentially become Orthopedic Attending Surgeon, Dr. Devyn Elena Steele.

Wish me luck guys.

_

It's currently 7:45pm on June 19th and we're currently driving to the airport so I can catch my flight to New York.

Right after we finished dinner we headed this way. I hate switching from West Coast to East Coast time.

Especially because the championship parade is tomorrow.

I have to be on the plane by 8pm so that by the time I land it'll be 4:40am over there.

The boards start at 6:00am and I'll have two hours to finish. Then I'll have to immediately hop on the plane so I can make it back with about a half hour to spare before the parade.

So, full schedule today right?

We make it to the airport and I see Dr. Avery waiting for me by the steps.

Jordan gets out the car and I turn around to Zuri and Kai.

"Alright, I gotta go. But I'll be back in the morning." I tell them and they nod.

"Good luck." They both said and I smiled. "Thanks guys." I say getting out my seat leaning towards the back placing a kiss on both their heads.

"I love you guys." I said and they smiled.

"We love you too Devyn. Now go!" Kai exclaims and I nod just as my door opens.

"Come on." Jordan says holding my duffel bag.

I get out the car grabbing my bag from him as he closes my door. "I'll be back." Jordan said to Kai and Zuri through the window and they nod as we start walking to the plane.

"First I just want to say thank you for making my birthday special. I really appreciate it." He starts.

"No problem, you deserve it." I said truthfully.

"Second, you got this okay? Don't stress yourself out and try to cram information in in that little hour you have before the test." He said and I nod.

"Remember what you told me about the playoffs?" He asked and I look up at him thinking back.

"If you aren't ready by now, you're not gonna be ready. They start tomorrow." He said.

"Good point." I said and we laugh lightly.

"I believe in you, the kids believe in you. Your mentor and your family believes in you. And now we need you to believe in yourself Devyn." He said seriously and I nod.

"You got this?" He asked holding his pinkie out.

I look at his pinkie before looking at his face. I break out into a smile nodding. I interlock our pinkies and he smiled.

"I got this."

"That's my girl." He said before bringing me into a hug.

"Be safe. And I'll see you when you get back." He mumbled into my neck and I nod.

"I'll be back in time for the parade, I promise." I said as we pull apart.

"You don't have to make that promise." He said shaking his head and I scrunch my face up at him.

"I made you a promise way before this, Poole. You told me you wanted me on that bus and I will be. I promise you that, I'm not missing this." I said seriously.