Chapter 7

7.

Devyn

It's the next day which means it's Kai's birthday party. I take him to Ms. Hattie's while I go out to buy decorations for the party.

I hop into my car when I get a phone call. I transfer it to the car pressing the button. "Hello?"

"Remind me, what time is this party?" Jordan's voice rings out and I smiled.

"3:00." I said turning the corner.

"Hm, alright. Can I come earlier?" He asked.

"Why? You want extra time to flirt with me?" I asked amused.

"What? No! Why, would that be bad?" He asked and I laugh.

"I don't think it'd be bad. It just wouldn't work." I said shrugging.

"One day you're going to be weak in the knees for me, Devyn Steele." He said.

"Wait on it, Jordan Poole." I said.

"Trust me, I will." He said.

I don't respond so he takes this moment to speak again. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Currently going out to get decorations to go set up." I said.

"Want some company?" He asked.

"You're really persistent aren't you, Poole?" I asked.

"I know what I want." He said and I can imagine him shrugging.

"Where's Zuri?" I asked him curiously.

"I just dropped her off to get her hair done. She shouldn't be done for another 2 hours or so." He said and I nod.

"Well I mean, if you want to join me you can." I said.

"Alright, you're going to the store down the street from bouncy world?" He asked.

"Yeah I just pulled in the parking lot." I said.

"Alright bet, I'm not too far." He said.

"Cool, see you then." I said and we hung up.

I get out my car heading into the store straight to the decorations.

"Alright, let's see..." I mumbled to myself looking at all the themes.

I look through the different ones deciding it's nothing he would like before I go into another aisle. After looking for a few minutes I hear a voice.

"Well well well." I turn around to see Jordan walking towards me. "If it isn't the woman with the laugh I love to hear." He said smiling at me.

"Well hello to you too." I said taking a once over of him.

He has on a black Nike sweatsuit with Air Force 1's and a Golden State Warriors hat. He looks good...

"Did you find anything?" He asked looking over the decorations as well.

"Nothing that catches my eye in the other aisle but I just got in this one." I said and he nods.

"These are cool." He mumbles picking up table cloths with monster trucks on them.

"He likes these right?" He asked and I nod. "He told me on the phone yesterday." He said smiling.

"Oh you mean when you stole him away from me for an entire hour?" I said putting my hand on my hip.

"Hey, I needed to know some things." He says shrugging.

"Things like what?" I asked curiously putting the balloons in the cart as he pushed it.