Chapter 134

134.

Devyn

It's a day later and I came into work early so we can get a head start on our work in the lab.

We've been here for about 7 hours and we're making really good progress.

I'm currently looking at some of the medication they gave us when I get a phone call. I pull my phone out my pocket not looking at the caller ID as I answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey baby." Jordan's voice rings out and I smile. "What you doing right now?" He asked.

"Uh, just looking at some medication." I said shrugging. "What's up?"

"Pull up." He said and I raised my eyebrows. "Aren't you at practice?" I asked.

"Mmhmm." He said and I can hear the squeaking of shoes and basketballs bouncing in the background.

"I ain't see you this morning." He said.

"That's because you ain't wake up. I was tapping you and tapping you and your ass was knocked out." I said amused and he laughs.

"Coach kept us way longer than needed yesterday, I was exhausted." He said and I nod understandingly. "Me too."

"I ain't get no goodbye kiss or nothing, I ain't even seen you today and it's 12:00, I don't like that." He said and I hummed.

"So pull up on me, because I want a kiss." He said.

"And why can't you pull up on me?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Because the guys wanna see you too." He said and I smiled.

"That's Devyn?" I hear Steph asked. "Yeah." Jordan said.

"Hey Dev." The boys said in chorus and I laugh.

"Hi boys." I said in the same tone.

"See? Everybody wants to see you." He said and I smiled.

"Then I'm on my way." I said.

"Good. I'ma send you some money for lunch." He said and I shake my head.

"Jordan don't send me no damn mon-" I stop talking when my phone vibrates with a notification.

'Jordan Poole sent you $40'

"Really Jordan?" I sigh.

"I'm feeding you and my son. Now hurry up, I miss you." He said.

"I'll be there in 20." I said feeling my pockets for my car keys.

"I love you, drive safe." He said.

"I love you too." I said before we hang up.

I take a piece of paper writing a note for Dr. Avery and the boys letting them know I took a lunch break before walking out the lab locking it up since I know they have keys.

I get in the elevator heading to the lobby before walking out the door hopping in my car.

"We're gonna go see daddy." I said to my belly before starting the car.

"But first we're gonna get some lunch."

_

I grab some lunch before heading to the facility. I brought Steve a milkshake and some fries to show my love.

Y'all know he's gonna love it.

I walk in headed to the court to see the guys practicing. "The pregnant lady has arrived." I announced and Jordan turns around before smiling brightly.