Chapter 142

142.

Devyn

Thanksgiving dinner is now over and we all went home.

I'm currently checking my bag for the hospital for the last time before we leave in the morning.

"Jordan!" I yell out the room. "Yo!" He yells back.

"Where's my teddy bear slippers?" I asked.

"They not in the bag?" He asked and my eyes narrow.

"If they were in the bag, do you think I would've asked?" I asked him.

I hear footsteps come down the hall and I rolled my eyes. He appears in the doorway eating chocolate chip cookies. "Didn't you wear them last night?" He asked.

I furrow my eyebrows about to shake my head when my eyes flood with realization. "You're right." I said getting up waddling out the door as he watches me amused. "What?" I asked.

"You look like a penguin." He said and I punch him in his shoulder. "Ow!"

"Give me one." I said opening my mouth.

"Not after you just HIT me." He said and I pout. "Please, I'm sorry." I said looking at him with hopeful eyes.

His eyes soften and he groans before placing a cookie in my mouth. "You're so spoiled." He said as I walk down the hall.

"That's completely your fault." I said walking in the living room looking for my shoes.

"Ok so they're not out here." I said putting my hands on my hips.

"Maybe they're under the couch?" I suggested and he shrugs walking over getting down on the ground looking under the couch.

"Well, I found your slippers." He said and I cheer excitedly.

"But that's not all I found." He said and I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

He reached his hand under the couch and one of my slippers come into view with Milo sleeping in it.

"Oh Milo, be oh so fucking for real right now." I said putting my hands on my hips.

"My slippers are not your bed." I said gently taking him out and he cuddles up into me.

"You're lucky you're cute." I coo placing a kiss on top of his head.

"Damn can I get a kiss?" Jordan asked. I wrap my arm around his neck bringing his head down kissing the top of it.

We pull apart and the smile on his face melts my heart as he kisses my forehead.

Zuri comes out the room with her pajamas on with a backpack on and her bonnet on her head. "Girl what you got in there?" I asked.

"I'm ready to have a baby." She says nodding firmly putting her hands on her hips like a superhero.

Jordan chokes on his cookie looking at her shaking his head. "No you're not."

"Yes I am." She said taking the backpack off her back and Kota and Kai jump out.

"Girl." I said snorting as Jordan laughs.

"Babygirl we can't take the pets to the hospital." Jordan said.

"Then who's gonna watch them?" She asked pouting.

"Mike." We said in unison.

"And whenever you want to see them, he'll come pick you up." He said and she nods.

"Deal, now I'm gonna go pack for real." She says holding her head high walking back in her room.

"She's a trip." Jordan said shaking his head.