Chapter 26

26.

Devyn

I eventually ended up leaving and I handled all Ms. Hattie's business.

She actually wanted to be cremated and have her ashes released somewhere so the mortician will be going to get her body tomorrow.

By the time I get home it's about an hour before the game begins so I cut on the tv.

Milo comes running in hopping on my bed cuddling into me. "Hey buddy." I whispered as he rubs against my chest.

About 10 minutes go by and I hear a knock on the door. I frown getting up walking to it. I look through the peephole and raise my eyebrows. I open the door seeing Ayesha, Hazel, and Sydel.

"Hi?" I said.

"Get dressed." Ayesha said as they walk in sitting down on my couch.

"Why?" I asked closing the door.

"We're going to the game." Hazel said and I shake my head.

"I'm not up for i-"

"Devyn go get your ass dressed." Sydel said. "You have 10 minutes." She says.

I stand there holding my ground when they glare at me. "Devyn." Ayesha said sternly.

"Fine." I mumbled walking into my room closing the door.

"Hurry up!" They yelled.

_

10 minutes later we're heading out the door and we hopped into Stephen's sprinter and the chauffeur starts driving towards the arena.

I sit looking out the window before I decide to speak. "Um." I said clearing my throat and they all look at me.

"I was going to wait until tomorrow or something before talking to all of you. But since we're here, I'd like some advice." I said.

"About the job?" Hazel asked and I nod.

"Besides the fact that I'll be the doctor of all your husbands, please tell me if I should genuinely take it." I said.

"Absolutely." Ayesha said.

"Yes, you should take it." Sydel said.

"It'd be crazy to not take it. That job is meant for you." Ayesha adds on.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Need I remind you that you graduated high school at 13 years old?" Hazel said and I laugh.

"You finished 4 years of college AND 4 years of medical school by the time you were 21." Sydel adds.

"You know how people say, 'HE'S HIM!'? Yeah, YOU'RE HER." Ayesha exclaims and I smiled.

"Listen babe, we'll support you with whatever. But you know we would obviously say get ready for those boards and work for the Warriors." Hazel said.

"You're a great surgeon, and the team would be so lucky to have you." Sydel said.

"Especially a certain Warrior by the name of Jordan Poole." Ayesha says and I smile looking down.

"Now trust me, I'm not saying to ever do anything for a man, because that's not the kind of women we are. But, I can't be the only one that notices that you're happier with him." She adds on.

"You are, right?" Sydel asked and I look at her.

"He does make me happy." I revealed playing with my fingers.

"And being happy should be your number 1 priority." Hazel said. "Which is another reason you should take this job." She said.

"Can I be honest with you?" Ayesha said and I nod. "Please."