Chapter 123

123.

Devyn

The gender reveal is tomorrow and everybody is so excited.

Kai and Zuri have to be the most excited though. It's all they've been talking about since we got back from Miami.

Kai thinks it's a boy which doesn't really surprise me at all. But I was absolutely shocked when Zuri said she thinks it's a boy as well.

Flashback

I'm currently in bed watching Supernatural waiting for Jordan and the kids to come home with food when I hear the door open.

I hear tiny footsteps come down the hall and Zuri bursts in the room walking like an old man.

"Nephew!" She said in a deep ass voice heading straight for my belly. "Wassup nephew!" She said and I burst out laughing.

"Nephew huh?" I asked fluffing out her ponytail and she nods as Jordan comes down the hall with Kai.

"She said she thinks it's a boy." Jordan said and I raised my eyebrows. "And what made you think that babygirl?" I asked as I pick her up placing her on the bed.

"I don't know." She said shrugging. "Lots of reasons." She adds on.

"I'm listening." I said as Jordan sat down in the chair next to the bed as Kai crawled in his arms.

"Think about it. It's going to be a pattern. Boy-Kai, Girl-Me, and then another boy." She said.

"It doesn't always work like that baby." Jordan said and she shakes her head. "It will this time though." She said and we look at her amused.

"What other reasons do you have?" I asked.

"Well, I saw a BUNCH of boy clothes at the store. And I remember you said that baby girls always have more choices at the store." She explained looking at me.

"So what exactly does that mean?" I asked.

"God knows another boy is about to come in this world." Kai said and Zuri nods immediately.

I look at Jordan raising my eyebrows and he holds his hands up in surrender. "I didn't have anything to do with this, I swear. There were a lot of boy clothes though." He said.

"Well I mean, who are we to argue with God?" I asked shrugging.

"AND there's another big reason." Zuri said and I sat up straighter. "Which is?"

"You said God gives you what you need right?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" Jordan asked curiously. She looked at both of us before her and Kai lock eyes smiling brightly before speaking in unison.

"You need a boy."

Flashback over

So yeah, our children are team boy. Jordan and I are still kind of up in the air but I'm not gonna lie...

I've been leaning towards a boy the past couple hours. And I think Jordan has to.

I'm currently sitting on our balcony watching the sun come up with a blanket thrown over my legs.

I look around at all the buildings taking in the view until my eyes shift to the right seeing a bird fly up on the ledge.

When I look closer I see that it's the same type of bird from the cemetery, and from Jamaica.

"Hi mom, hey dad." I said softly.

The bird turns his head to me walking a little closer. "I've been waiting for you all week." I said laughing a bit and the bird chirps repeatedly as though it's laughing.