Chapter 132

132.

Devyn

After dropping the kids off we head to the hospital. He pulls up and I unbuckle my seatbelt as he grabs my bag from the back.

"Don't work too hard alright?" He said and I nod absentmindedly about to get out the car when he locked it.

"I'm serious Devyn." He said seriously and I turned to look at him. "You'll be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow, he can literally come any day now but we're trying to-"

"Keep him in until 40. I know, I know." I said and he nods.

"I'll be careful, I promise." I said seriously.

"Devyn if I get a call that you're laying up somewhere because one, you worked too hard. Or two, our son is coming 8 weeks early, I won't hesitate to fuck you up." He said.

"He's not coming today, trust me. Me and baby boy got this." I said motioning to my belly and he smiled faintly.

"Mhmm, you better." He said leaning closer pecking my lips.

He bends down to my stomach putting his lips on it before speaking. "You better stay in there." He tells him sternly and I snort.

"I know you hear me." He said and I laugh pushing his head but he doesn't move. "Jordan stop."

"If you want shrimp tacos and parm fries you better stay right in there where it's cozy." He said placing a hand on my stomach and suddenly I feel a kick as I burst out laughing.

"Our son just like us." I said and he laughs.

"As long as we on the same page." He said gently fist bumping my belly as I feel another flutter.

"Oh my god, I'm sick of y'all." I said as he smiles brightly showcasing his dimples.

"That's daddy's boy." He said and I shake my head unlocking the door.

"Look, I love you. Our son loves you. We gon' be straight. Have a good day." I said pecking his lips.

"I love you too." He said as I hop out the car. I close the door blowing him a kiss before turning around running into the hospital.

I walk down the hall seeing Elijah walking this way. "Oh there you are." He said turning back around following me.

"What's up?" I asked as he hands me my clipboard.

"You only have 2 surgeries today. You'll be taking inventory of the supplies for the trial and start to form the treatments. But the patients don't start coming in until the end of next week." He said and I nod.

"Awesome, should be a interesting day."

_

I make it up to the lab we'll be working in and I see Roman and Dr. Avery already in here getting some things set up.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning." Dr. Avery said. "Feeling alright?" He asked.

"Not too shabby." I said walking over to all the stuff. "This is crazy." I mumbled.

"So, we have 5 patients with stage 4 melanoma all flying in next week. None of them can have the tumor surgically removed so their best bet is us." Roman explains reading off the chart.

"Have any of them had radiation?" I asked.

"Nope, they're all clear in that department." Dr. Avery says.

"They were all told by previous doctors that they have 7 months to live. We're gonna make sure they live longer than that." Elijah said.

"Each month that passes, you'll add 5 more patients to your trials. And when you have 500 patients that have the tumor successfully and completely gone from their body, you have officially cured skin cancer." Dr. Avery said and I smiled.