Chapter 143

143.

Devyn

I'm currently in my hospital room in labor patiently waiting to be 10 centimeters dilated.

Guess how long I've been in here...

8 hours.

It's 1:00pm and I'm nowhere near close to giving birth.

I'm in so much pain because the contractions are so frequent and so damn long.

I just want him to come out.

Roman and Elijah took Kai and Zuri down to the cafeteria to get some lunch while Jordan is still sitting in the chair beside my bed.

I lay there staring at the ceiling when I feel another contraction. I don't even whine or sob as tears fall out my eyes.

"Another one?" Jordan asked checking his watch and I nod silently. He gets up walking to the other side of the room and I tuck my bottom lip into my mouth gripping the sheets tightly.

He walks back and places a cold wet rag on my forehead. I close my eyes sighing in relief but still in pain. "I know, I know."

The door opens and I open my eyes just as Tasha walks in smiling faintly at us. "I'm gonna check what's going on down there alright?" She said and I nod weakly.

She lifts the cover up as Jordan smoothes my hair down. She hums before putting the cover down looking at me.

"Give it to me straight." I said noticing her facial expression.

She sighs before speaking. "You're still only 3 centimeters dilated mama." She said softly.

I nod slowly feeling more tears well up in my eyes before I sob uncontrollably.

"Devyn." She said sadly and I shake my head.

"Why won't he come out?" I asked through the tears. "It's not even that comfortable in there, he can come out here! I have been doing this for eight hours!" I exclaimed.

"Baby..." Jordan trails off.

"I don't wanna do this anymore." I mumbled.

I bang my head against the bed repeatedly slowly getting frustrated. "Get this little boy out of me." I said hitting my head with each word.

"Maybe he knows not to come out because I'm not fit for this. I don't think I know what it takes to be a mom. Who am I kidding?" I whispered scoffing at myself.

"I'll give you a minute." Tasha said and Jordan hums as she walks out shutting the door behind her.

I feel a hand slip behind my neck firmly as my eyes snap to Jordan looking at me seriously. "Stop." He said sternly.

"You're not about to sit here and tell yourself a bunch of lies. Cut that shit out Devyn, I'm not playing with you right now." He said angrily.

"Shut all that dumb ass 'not fit for a mother' shit the fuck up. If you not fit to be a mother how the fuck you been taking care of our two kids?

How you been a mom since you were 18? How Devyn? Explain that shit to me." He said and I can see the vein popping out his temple.

"Listen, I KNOW that shit hurts aight? I know that. But you not 'bout to let that pain go to your head and instill this stupid ass shit in it. You hear me?" He said seriously.

"Do you hear me?" He asked again and I nod slowly as a tear slips out.

"It hurts." I mumbled and his eyes immediately soften.

"I know baby, I swear I know. But I can't let you sit here and beat yourself up. You been breaking my heart for the past 8 hours. I hate seeing you hurting, but we gotta thug this shit out, aight?" He said softly.

"Okay." I whispered.

"Come here." He mumbled leaning down tilting my chin up pecking my lips repeatedly before pulling away wiping my tears.

"I love you, and I'm right here with you. I got you, aight?" He said and I nod as the door opens again.

Tasha comes in with the exercise ball and I sigh. "I want you to sit on this and roll back and forth alright? It'll keep the muscles in your pelvis loose." She said and I nod as she hands Jordan the ball.

"I want you to do it with her." I hear her say to him and he nods. "Hold her how she wants to be held, skin to skin releases the hormones to calm her down so take your shirt off. Just let her rock back and forth, keep her breathing, and I'll be back in an hour." She said and he nods as she walks out.

He walks back over to me smoothing my hair down. "Come on." He mumbled taking the cover off of me.

He pulls me up and I take a deep breath glancing down to the ground. He takes his glasses off before slipping his shirt and wife beater over his head throwing it in the chair before putting his glasses back on.

He helps me up off the bed as I walk over to the ball sitting down carefully as he holds my hands steady. He squats down in front of me searching my eyes.

I look at him exhausted as he runs his thumbs over my knuckles repeatedly. "Bow your head baby." He mumbles and I do what he says bowing my head squeezing his hands.

"Heavenly Father I'm coming you today to ask you for healing for my wife. Please give her the strength she needs to overcome this physical and mental pain and endure through these difficulties.

Just as I know your strength is infinite, I know that she can withstand any painful occurrence that comes her way. With you on her side, she can heal and become stronger than ever before if you give her your blessing.

No chasm for her health and longevity is too great to cross with the Lord as her eternal guide. In Jesus Christ name I pray, Amen." He says.

"Amen." I said lifting my head up. He places his lips on my forehead for a few seconds before pulling away. He stands up straight taking one step closer to me.

He looks down at me grabbing my face in his hands before softly connecting our lips. We pull apart after a few seconds and I take a deep breath.

"You ready?" He asked as I place my hands gently on his chest resting the top of my head of his torso before nodding. "Mmhmm."

He rubs my back soothingly as I gently rock back and forth on the ball. I let a few tears fall as we have this intimate moment.

And right before I zone out I hear Jordan mutter something.

"You're okay, I got you."