Chapter 64

64.

Devyn

I'm woken up the next morning by the kids bursting in my room jumping on the bed.

"Devyn! Devyn, we gotta get up!" Kai exclaimed bouncing on me.

I groaned not even saying words pulling the cover over my head. "Devyn! Jordy is coming home!" Zuri said.

"So?" I mumbled out.

"We didn't set up anything yet!" Kai yelled in distress.

I pop my eyes open before slinging the covers off me seeing them look at me frantically. "What time is it?" I asked.

"8:32." Zuri says.

"What time did he say he'd get back?" I asked curiously.

"At like 10:30." Kai said.

I hop out the bed looking at them. "Make the bed and then set everything up, I'll make the breakfast." I said and they nod as we all run around the apartment like chickens with their head cut off.

Between the yells, loud sounds of pots and pans, balloons popping, and Milo barking frantically...

This'll be the best birthday Jordan's ever had.

_

After setting up everything and cooking breakfast, we were finished everything with about 10 minutes to spare.

The kids and I are currently eating when we hear keys being put in the door.

We glance at each other briefly as the door opens. Jordan's face brightens as he sees us.

"Good morning." We all say in chorus.

"Morning." He says dropping his bag walking over to me.

He pecks my lips quickly before kissing the kids' heads. "How was your night?" I asked.

"Long, and I have a bit of a hangover." He said and I laughed. He walks over grabbing his bag about to take it in the room.

"How was your night?" He asked us as he opens the bedroom door stopping for a minute glancing around at our setup. (setup in mm)

We don't answer as he looks in confusion. I jump out my seat opening the fridge grabbing the cake as Zuri tossed me the candle and Kai passed me the lighter. (cake in mm)

"Devyn?" He asked stepping into the room further.

"Hm?" I said absentmindedly lighting the candle grabbing the cake motioning the kids to start.

"What's all thi-"

"Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Jordan, happy birthday to you." We sing as we walk into the room.

He smiles brightly walking over to us. "Make a wish Jordy." Zuri said smiling brightly at him.

"Well I can't ask for too much more but I'll try." He says before snapping his eyes to me right before closing them.

He finished up blowing the candles out and they clap for him. "Yay!"

"How'd you do all this?" He asked us taking the cake out my hands sitting it on the nightstand for the time being.

"Well, remember when Zuri said we were gonna watch movies?" I asked him and he nods.

"We went out and brought the decorations. And after that we went and picked up the cake. But the setup? Oh we did that in two hours." I said shrugging and he raises his eyebrows.