Chapter 67

67.

Devyn

A week later

There's been a week since the parade and everything has cooled down and isn't too hectic anymore.

We used this week to just rest and rejuvenate before we go on vacation.

I'm currently home alone since Jordan took Kai and Zuri to the store. I'm watching Supernatural when I hear keys being put in the door.

I don't make any effort to get up because I'm so tired but after hearing footsteps run back and forth and things falling and Milo barking I think about getting up.

But as soon as I make an effort to move, my bedroom door opens and Jordan peeks his head in. "Heyyyyy baby. What you doing?" He asked out of breath.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Jordan what are you doing out there?"

"Huh? I ain't doing nothing." He said shaking his head.

"Where are the kids?" I asked getting up and he moved inside the room closing the door.

"They out there, just chilling." He said and I squint at him.

"Why are they so quiet?" I asked putting my slippers on walking towards the door but he meets me halfway putting his hands on my shoulders. "Woah woah woah."

I glare at him poking his chest. "Woah woah woah my ass. Where are my kids Jordan?" I asked trying to move around him but he wouldn't let me.

I huff getting frustrated running my fingers through my hair. "Jordan Anthony Poole, if you don't move out my way I'm gonna fuck you up." I said seriously.

"They're out there." He said looking at me seriously. "I promise." He adds and I search his face to see if he's lying and he's not.

"Then why are they so quiet?" I asked again as my eyes soften. "Did something happen?" I immediately asked.

"Nah, they're just doing something important for me right now." He said and I furrow my eyebrows.

"What are they-"

"Jordan! It caught on fire!" I hear Kai's voice and my eyes widen as Jordan steps out my way not wanting to get knocked across the damn room.

I swing the door open trying to find the fire but my eyes immediately soften seeing the setup.

"Surprise!" Kai and Zuri yell with their arms out.

"Oh my..."

I look at the gift boxes, cake, fruit tray, and the HUGE bouquet of flowers in awe. (everything in mm)

I turn around to Jordan seeing him leaning against the wall smiling. "Surprise."

"What's all this for?" I asked going over to the fruit taking a strawberry.

"It's a congratulations, for passing your boards." Kai said and I smile brightly.

"We've been planning this all week." Zuri said.

"And I wanted it done before we went on vacation." Jordan explains and I nod.

"I love it, I love everything." I said smelling the flowers closing my eyes.

"This arrangement is beautiful." I said talking about the flowers. I look over at Jordan to see him smiling brightly showcasing his dimples. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." I nod truthfully smiling softly.

I look out the corner of my eye to see Zuri and Kai eating the fruit and I raised my eyebrows amused as they freeze mid bite.

"What?" Kai said with his mouth full.