Chapter 51

51.

Devyn

A week later

It's been a little over a week since game 2 and it has been nothing but drama.

After game 2, social media went crazy defending GP or Dillon Brooks.

Some were saying that it was a clean play while others were saying that Dillon was completely out of line.

To be completely honest with you, they can kiss my ass.

I know what I saw, and I know how bad it looked. Dillon was wrong. And everybody knows that, they just don't want to admit it.

And then...

Social media got to hear a lot more out of me.

Flashback

Game 3 is over and the Warriors won in a blowout of 142-112. I'm currently headed through the tunnel to use the bathroom when I walk past the media room.

"Dr. Steele!"

I furrowed my eyebrows walking backwards glancing in the room to see the reporters interviewing Jordan.

I glance at him to see he looks hella bored and uninterested with what's going on.

"Yes?" I said curiously.

"Would you mind taking a look at something please?" A reporter asked and I frown but nod nevertheless.

I walk in headed to the front to the reporter as he hands me his phone.

I glance at it seeing it's a Twitter post from Ja with a clip of the game tonight with the caption "broke the code."

I click on the video seeing it's where Jordan and Wiggs were guarding Ja.

"I'm confused." I said glancing up to everyone. I glance at Jordan to see he's just staring off into space.

"Poole." I call out to him and he glances to me. "You with me?"

He sighs throwing his towel over his head but nods nevertheless.

"What happened?" I asked the reporters.

"Apparently, Ja is experiencing some knee soreness and bone bruising. And he and Coach Jenkins thinks it's because of Jordan." One of them explained and my eyes narrow.

"Jordan who? Jordan Poole?" I said raising my eyebrows and they nod.

"You're serious?" I asked them looking at Jordan and he nods. "Yup."

"Dr. Steele from a professional standpoint, what do you think about that?" A reporter asked motioning me to the table where Jordan is.

I sigh walking around to the steps as Jordan grabs my hand helping me up. I sit down beside him grabbing the microphone.

"As a surgical resident studying for her boards, I actually refreshed my memory with this topic last week." I said before I began.

"A bone bruise is a traumatic injury to the bone in which the micro-structure of the bone is disrupted. Many times which is accompanied by bleeding within the bone." I explained.

"It usually occurs through three different mechanisms:
direct high-energy impact to the bone, which is a direct blow,

impact/rotation of the bones when there is a ligament injury, or repetitive injuries to the bone, which means you're constantly loading the bone." I said explaining it the best way they can understand and they nod.