Chapter 122

122.

Devyn

2 days later

My birthday weekend is finally over and we got back on the plane to head home.

As soon as I stepped foot in our home I flopped on that bed. I'm so damn exhausted...

I go back to work in three weeks and honestly? I'm excited but dreading it at the same time.

I'm excited because I've actually really missed surgeries. I also get to check on my little one whenever I want.

But I'm dreading it because well...who the fuck WANTS to work?

But before I go back...we have something very very important to do.

Find out the gender of our baby.

Our gender reveal is this Saturday and I'm so excited. This event will only be for close family so no, it won't be 200 people again.

Although we had a great damn time.

I'm currently laying in bed with Jordan and the kids as we do some more wedding planning.

"You picked the colors yet?" Jordan asked.

"Negro did YOU pick the colors yet? Why do I have to pick them?" I whined.

"Because it's your wedding." He said shrugging.

"It's yours too." I said confused.

"Yeah but, I want this to be the wedding of your dreams. Because this is the only one you're getting." He said sternly and I laugh.

"Yeah ok, but can you at least help me?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure." He said shrugging and I smiled.

"So January 28th is the definite date right?" I asked looking up at him and he nods. "Absolutely."

"Do you know where?" Zuri asked.

"Um..." I trailed off as one place came to mind.

"I think there's only one place to get married." He says.

"Where?" Kai asked curiously.

"The place I fell in love with her at." He said smiling. "February 14th 2022. I couldn't stop staring at her, hearing her talk about the things she loves so passionately." He said and my eyes soften.

"Jordan..."

"The Conservatory of Flowers." He said simply.

The smile on my face could be seen all across the world with how bright it was.

"I think it'll be very poetic. That the first time we went there was our first date. And our next time is our wedding." I said softly.

"So then that means we know when and where. And also what time of day." He said and I nod immediately before we speak in unison.

"Night time."

"COOL! A NIGHT WEDDING?!" Kai exclaims and we nod.

"It's only right." I said smiling brightly.

"And now that we know those two things, everything else will fall in line." Jordan said and I nod.

"Let's call the wedding planner then."

_

After talking to the wedding planner and telling her our ideas, Jordan went to cook dinner.

Me being the bored but strong black woman I am, guess what I put on?

The Conjuring 2.

We should be good this time around, since it's light outside.