daughter of hell 68

Chapter

"The whole earth has been corrupted through the Works that were taught by Azazel:

to him ascribe all sin."

- 1 Enoch 10:8

P.O.V. (Luci)

"I'm a demon, you're one of the fallen and Mr. Cocky over there is one of the cursed race, of course we are doomed. Cheer up, bro. It's only Raphael, you escaped him once when he had the Almighty behind him. Now he's a lonely sado with my psychotic mother on his side, it'll be a piece of cake. Just tell me about that stupid ring and we'll kick the bastard a couple of times in the head, steal the ring, find a place even more horrific than heaven and send the bastard on his way. Well, unless you have some cool super power that can make you call upon an object. Man, that would be cool. I'd never have to leave the sofa to get something from the fridge." I dreamed on

Mr. Cocky had gotten enough of his strength back to stand up. Most of his hair was back too.

"I wasn't always like this, you know." The fallen angel swallowed hard.

He had a twelve O'clock shadow beard and scruffy bedhair. The guy was sex on wings. Well, without the wings then, you kind of lose them when you fall. Sex on former wings. My eyes trailed lower to his shoulders, his shirt that clung to his tight body. When he moved his fingers through his hair his shirt rode up just enough to spot the taunt skin that lay-

"Hey! That hurt, Dracula."

I rubbed the sore spot where Mr. Cocky had pinched me, hard.

"Don't ever touch my butt again, Batman or I'll go all Poison Ivy on you."

"Are you offering me a sip?" His eyes dilated.

"You know vampboy, it's a real turn off when a guy gets hotter over the prospect of drinking a girl's blood then the idea of making out with her. Just so you know."

"Children, you're only children compared to my many years. How will two loved up kids save a race from complete extermination? You would have been doomed without the ring too, look at you. You're-"

"Yeah, yeah, doomed, we know! We're young and loving it, so just get to the point mister sex on former wings while we're still young." I interrupted.

For such a sexy dude, he sure nagged a lot.

"It was Solomon who started this dance. He asked God for help to build his temple. The Lord's answer was a magic ring, brought to the king by Raphael. The ring had the power to submit all demons, no matter how strong. Raphael learned Solomon to wield the ring, how to bind demons. It was with this slave labour that Solomon completed his temple."

"He taught a mortal how to control us?!" I yelled.

This was outrageous. A mortal who had had the power to control every single demon? It was disgusting. But... but why not use it himself, why use a human as his pawn? If the angels had this tool to overpower our entire race, why not use it for themselves?

"Why didn't the angels use it for themselves?"

"Why don't you let me finish my story, little demon?"

"Sure thing, grandpa."

I repeat, for such a hot dude he acted like he should be playing bingo and eating pudding.

"There is always a certain risk involved with these kind of thing. Free will is a powerful thing, it's not something you can take away without consequences."

"Let me guess, the demons broke free?" Mr. Cocky asked.

"No, not all of them. One did. His name was Asmodeus."