daughter of hell 70

A little something. The rest of the chapter will be in Luci's POV, this part is in Seth's.

I know I've been bitching about my exams, but it's what keeps me going =P. Anyway, thanks for putting up with my nagging and tardy uploads.

Hope you like the story.

--------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER

"But the sons of men fought on, and slew;  

and Eris gloating watched." 

            -  Quintus Smyrnaeus; Fall of Troy  -

"Where's your girlfriend?" Vic asked lazily from his slumped position in the chair.

"She's not my girlfriend." I grumbled.

"Mate, girlfriend, wife. It's all the same for me: bye, bye fooling around." He smirked.

"Like I've ever had time for that."

"You make time for such things. Dude, you're the future king. It can't be that hard to get chicks. I mean, we all know how serious you are, but I always assumed you were sneaky about your more baser needs." Lucas smirked from behind his guitar, softly strumming one of his wacko songs.

He once told me that the only reason he learned to play was to keep his fingers quick. Which was necessary if he ever wanted to follow in his father's footsteps. Royal spy sounded kind of ridiculous, but court intrigue made the position necessary.

"Yeah, brother. You should make time for that sort of thing. Especially now that you've got yourself such a stunning mate. Lock yourself in a broomcloset or something, keep eachother warm." He winked.

Yeah, lock myself in a closet filled with flammable stuff and a demon who was more than lightly flammable. I don't know why, but when she had burned me when I had tried to kiss her only two hours ago. I had been hurt. I might as well admit it, by the end of the week she would not have only taken my pride from me, but also my masculinity and dignity.

 I was good looking, damn it. Why couldn't Luci be more into me? The girls in this school were all over me when I let them, which wasn't a lot. Vic was right, I never had time for the lose morals. The fact that I was willing to make that time for my mate and have her blow me off... that irked me.

What pissed me off even more so, was that she wasn't here. That stupid demon was always running off on her own, thinking she was indestructible. Damn it! Where was she?!