daughter of hell 63

this is a really short part to finish last chapter, I'm already wrighting the next one. it's short I know, but the next one will be up real soon:D

xx

P.O.V. (Seth)

I knew she didn't want to talk to me right now, tough, she'd have to suck it up and bear it like the warrior I knew she was. Hell, she'd done it before, with a past like hers... I couldn't even start to imagine what kind of shit she'd gone through, from what I'd heard off her mum it was no wonder the girl had issues.

"What do you want, Seth? I have other stuff to worry about than your feelings."

She sneered the last word as if it were something dirty, as if it were a show of weakness. Issues, the girl had issues.

"What other stuff, sweet? You have to stop pretending that the stars will fall from the sky whenever you're not there to pin them up again. Do you have any idea how many stars there are in the universe? The world doesn't go to hell whenever one falls, some problems aren't yours to solve."

The crooked smile she showed me told me I'd had chosen my words poorly, like she'd care if the entire world went to Hell.

"Go ahead." I encouraged her.

"Outwit me, I know you want to."

The grin she falshed me, the pleasure, the brightness I saw glinting in her eyes reminded me of little boy ready to get into mischief.

"I'll let you have this one, babe." She winked.

"But don't get too cocky! I'm tired, I have to go inform a demon about his new tasks as a Deadly Sin and the comparision with the stars deserves a couple of extra points."

There was so much she wasn't telling me.

"I don't have time to deal with our shit right now, Seth. I like Belphegor, but I'm not sure how he'll take the news of getting the position as Acerdius, a position that only gets free whenever the former demon gets sent to the Pitts, wich FYI is something far worse than dead. No demon wants to end up there as anything except as the executioner, I sent the demon down there to suffer, to experience excruciating pain over and over again. I am a demon, Seth, can you deal with that?"

What did I care!?! She'd said OUR shit, as in us, she finally wasn't seeing herself as an independent island anymore, no longer unapproachable, no longer defended by viscious sharks, no longer... I was getting carried away, but who cared?! She was considering the possiblity of me and her, as in together! Never mind that she hadn't outwardly voiced her thoughts on the matter, I was happy with her subconscious admitting to this, it was a start.

"Helloooooooo, earth to the brain dead vampire! Get the cheeky grin off your face, you're offending the mirrors, and answer the damn question."

Us. I liked the sound of that.

"I suppose it's too much to ask of a bloodsucking parasite."

Wait, what where we talking about? What was too much to ask of a vampire? I couldn't believe she still saw me as the the moustache twirling villain of some old horror flick.

"You're awfully condemning for an immoral fiend. Is it the mommy complex again? It must have been traumatising knowing your own mother would break your wing because she can not bear to stay longer than five minutes in your presence. I get the complex, but really grow up and don't take out your own frustration of being a half breed on me."

Sometimes you feel this weird, tingling sensation, like a dozen of pointy litlle needles are prodding the skin on the back of your neck, like a warning. It's like someone or something is silently shaking his head, trying to tell you to back off, to take it easy, maybe a survival instinct, long hidden, kicking in and trying to save your sorry hide.

I didn't feel this subtle warning, the moment the words left my mouth I felt like my gut was getting pierced, like invisible hands were finding their way towards my pounding life source, taking the short cut, cutting through my organs to get there faster.

"Did you know" A sweet angelic voice called to me.

"that the Aztecs took warrior of other tribes captive and held them at the top of the pyramids?"

She looked at me from under her lashes, giving me a smile that could break hearts.

"Where they had their chests cut open and their hearts ripped out?"

A now completely transformed demon stood before me, hands burried in my internal organs and giving my right lung a sharp jab with her claws, cutting throught the thick tissue, creating a deep cut. Instanly blood started to fill my longs, I coughed and half chocked on the blood rising up my throat and spilling from my mouth, staining her uniform. The cut healed almost immediately and gradefully I took a deep clean breath.

"We actually have a couple of the ancient Aztec demons in Hell, of course they swapped their knives for claws and no longer need to lose precious time cutting through and breaking bones to get near the heart. They have a strange fondness for crushing every single organ they encounter along the way, especially when their subject is a vampire, they tend to last longer."

How come I always ended up with a pissed off demon wanting to rip out my heart? I needed to learn when to keep my mouth shut if I ever wanted things between me and Luci to work.

"I used to find it quite silly that they'd go through all this trouble since a nice decapitation could do the trick much more efficiently. It is only later that I found out that their old religion made them believe that the soul residented in the heart, they call it teyolia."

"You know Luci" I choked.

"this is all very interesting but not to the point when you've got your hands burried in my gut."

"It's a warning to never touch my shit again, or I'll introduce the Aztecs to you."

I might have given myself away when I mentioned stuff that she probably didn't tell anyone, stuff she'd only written down on paper... crap, I had really messed this up.

I mean yeah, she was bruising my internal organs and it hurt like hell, but it would heal, the stuff I said, the years her mother had tormented her, that stuff took much longer to heal, and I just couldn't help myself and had to prob the wound. Whenever things were going remotely good between us, I just had to go and to fuck it up!

She released me and I fell to the ground, but I was already healing, the blood, her blood, I drank had given me lots of reserves, I wasn't going to be in a life threatenign situation anytime soon.

"I'm going to finish some immoral fiendish business, don't be in my sight when I get back."