daughter of hell 34

Chapter

"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."

- General George S. Patton -

P.O.V. (Luci)

"We have a problem." He panted.

I rolled my eyes at Marcus. He had to materialize a couple of miles away from schoolgrounds to come and see me. I personally thought he could use the exercise, since he was sweating like a pig.

"Don't know how you get to keep that amazing body of yours while being such a lazy ass."

His worries momentarily forgotten at my easy banter, he grinned.

"Thank you immortality."

His face clouded over.

"Speaking of which. You got yourself a big immortal problem. I can't believe you haven't told me."

I rolled my eyes. Marcus could be such a girl sometimes, going all paranoid about nothing, making a big deal about something non existent. Only a girl could multiply zero with ten and get to a hundred. For a moment forgetting the fact I was girl.

"I got no idea what you're talking about, girlboy."

He opened his mouth, no doubt to return the compliment but his gaze got caught by my wrist, laying limply at my side.

"What happened to your wrist?"

I shrugged.

"The big boys picked at me and thought it to be funny to see how I would react to a crushed wrist." I said in a little girls voice.

"Help me Marcus. It hurts so much."

I shouldn't have exaggerated the truth like that, he was pissed off enough as it was. He gritted his teeth angerly.

"Who" He said in a low threatening voice.

"did this?"

I hugged him close with my good arm.

"The hot fangs that neuteralizes your powers."

I gave him a sharp look.

"Don't do anything stupid."

I grinned.

"That's my thing."

He looked very angry and pulled me close by my crushed wrist. I hissed in pain.

"Damn sorry, Luci."

I rolled my eyes, I wasn't as fragile as everyone kept thinking I was.

"Why did he brake your wrist? Does he know?"

"First of all, he crushed it."

"Big difference."

"Actually when you're the one with the injury. It is."

"Keep talking."

"And he doesn't know I'm part demon. I thought for a minute he would find out, but the crushed bone thing was a great distraction."

"He was there when you momentarily went demonic?"

"Unfortunately."

Wait, what? How did Marcus know I had had a disturbance of power?

"How do you"

"It's what happens when someone is trying to locate you." He cut me off.

"He drew upon your power to deliver the message."