daughter of hell 30

sorry for the short one but I'm working on the next chapter and this bit belonged to the previous one.

xx impossible

P.O.V. (Seth)

I waited untill I heard her turn on the water from the shower before I turned my angry glare at Jake.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I yelled, wanting to punch my best friend so much.

"She is my mate, you have no business letting her be the whore she is and letting her be all over you!"

A look I had never before seen in Jake's eyes made me stop yelling. He looked almost... deviant? Jake was the suffer in silence, don't ever let them know what you think kind of guy. Jake possessed finesse and used tricks and treachery to get even when he thought you wronged him. It's not like I didn't trust him, I did, it was just the way he was. But right now he looked at me like he wanted to use my face as punchingback. Something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused, momintarily forgetting Luci and her sluttish ways.

"She is no whore." He said through clenched teeth, while flexing his fingers.

"You treat her like shit, okay."

I shrugged one shoulder. So? She treated me like shit too.

"Your such a fucking hypocrite, Seth!"

Wow, Jake never yelled at me. We'd been best friends for forever. It wasn't that I was a sentimental guy or anything but Jake had my back, and watched out for him. That's the way things were, and the way we always acted around eachother. It wasn't like him to go and be all open about his opinion of me. He'd normally just grunt and saw the planks of my bed in two or something stupid.

"What happened to you. You're going to turn into a chick if you're not careful. Going on about my faults but never explaining why you're upset, damn, you're starting to act like Luci."

"Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing."

Huh? What the hell was that supposed to mean. Fuck it, he really was acting like a girl.

"How did you manage to get in touch with your feminine side in ten seconds time?"

"She's not all bad, Seth. Only to you and that's because you treat her like shit and constantly tell her what to do. You'd go crazy too if someone pulled something like that on you."

Why was he sticking up for a little bitch like Luci? Bros before hos, we had never broken that code before.

"Stay out of this Jake. You got no business getting involved in any aspect of my mate's life, including my opinion and treatement of her."

"Do you have any idea how lucky you are to have found her?!"

Oh, so that's what this was about. He was jealous because I had found the person born for me, the other half of my soul. Damn, that sounded cheesy. Jake's mushy feelings were starting to infect me. He was so lucky he was my best friend or I would have kicked his ass for this. I noticed all the others had left the room to let us alone with our fight. Smart guys, me and Jake have been famous for letting our anger out on innocent bystanders, punching whatever loser was in reach.

"You'll find your mate too, Jake. It's meant to be."

He shook his head. Not in denial but more like he wanted to show me that I had got him wrong.

"I'm not worried about that. I just think you need a wake up call. Luci is amazing, she's your match Seth. You are not going to find another girl who'll never bore you or one who will never fear you. Because you might hate it sometimes that she doesn't fear you and that you can't scare her, deep down I now you're happy. I've seen what the distant and fearfull attitude of others does to you, but she's not like that. And even though you're doomed to love her, she does have a choice and with the way you've been acting around her she'll make the wrong one."

"Wrong what?" I muttered. But my thoughts weren't with Jake and our conversation anymore. I was thinking about the stuff he'd said. He was right, she didn't have the universe against her making it impossible for her not to love me. It was me who was in that situation. Although I didn't love her yet, I knew that if I let myself I would fall for her, hard and irrevocably and I didn't want that. Right now I just wanted to revel in the thought that she belonged to me, that she was mine and that no other guy could touch her, but the truth was that she wasn't mine and I hated the doubt plaging me and tellig me that she never truly would be.

"The wrong decision. You two will be great together, but you have to let her see that." Jake answered my earlier question.

Let her see she belonged to him? I caught myself snorting, making the awful noise Luci always produced in her own disdainful way.

I didn't like to admit it, but that girl had gotten to me. She had slowly invaded my life, my every senses, I was attuned to her like I wasn't even to my twin. I loved pissng her off and see her get all worked up about it, she was too damn cute when she was angry.

No way was I going to admit to Jake he was right. So I just grunted.

"Come on." He bumped my shoulder.

"Let's go play some ball and let the lady cool off a bit." He ginned.

I smiled right back, I loved basketball.

"Lady? Are you high?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Try to reign the comments when Luci is within earshot."

"Nate, other losers! We're going down to the court, you're in?"