daughter of hell 7

P.O.V. (still Luci)

I touched the elegant, oldfashioned ring on my hand. It was made out of silver with an oval onyx stone in it. The gemstone was supposed to stimulate concentration, help you to control your emotions, feelings and passion. When my dad found out what my mother had done, he searched for a way to restrain the angelweapons. You couldn't undo them, but with the onyx ring repressing the urges to draw my angelweapons became easier. I softly rubbed the stone. Why did it slip? How was it possible that the tattoos resurfaced without much warning? Since my dad had given me the ring, I hadn't used my abilties 'gifted' by the angels. This was not good. "Hey I got to pee! Open up!"

Switch P.O.V. (Lucas)

"Hey I got to pee! Open up!" Fuck I hadn't realised that living with a girl cutted in our bathroomtime. I pounded louder on the door in the hope she'd get annoyed and got out quicker. Seemed liked it worked. The door flew open so rapidly that I almost fell in. "Patience is considered to be a virtue. Did you knew that?" Man, this girl could be as arrogant as Seth. Never thought I would live to see that day. I had thought it to be impossible. "Have you ever heard of make a virtue of necessity?" She frowned at that. "You lost me there pretty boy." I smirked. "It's Lucas, remember? And a full bladder goes ahead of patience. Thanks sweetie." I returned the compiment.

When I returned she was sitting in Seth's chair, again. Man, he was going to throw a fit if he saw her sitting there. "I wouldn't sit there if I were you." I informed her. She didn't seem to have heard me. "Helloooooooooooooo, anybody at home?" Still no reaction. What was she feeling? It tried sensing her, but I ended up total blank. What the hell? How could someone not feel anything? I wasn't great at sensing feeling, I only felt the strong ones but she looked so deep in thought and I wasn't even getting a small vibe, a humming sensation that she actually had emotions. And it was obvious she had them, her expressive green eyes were the windows to her thougts. She looked strangely unsetteled, like out of balance. I scrutinized her more closely. That's when I noticed the onyx ring on her finger. The golden glint in it told me it was spelled to keep her emotions under control. This was so odd. First of all, why would she need to hide her emotions? And second, but not less important, how did a human came in possession of a spelled gem? Maeby she didn't realise she had a spelled objecte in possession. Time to find out. "That's an interesting ring you're wearing. Looks antique." She looked up at me with tired eyes. "It is. My father bought it as an engagement ring in his younger days." It couldn't be that old than. "Where did he got it from?" She looked me over suspicously, I suppose I looked to eager. "Why does a guy care about an old piece of jewellery? Are you gay?" That question thew me off guard. "No. Do I look gay?" Apparently that was the wrong question to ask. She raised an eyebrow as if asking me: 'do you really want that question answered?' She yawned overexaggerated. "I"m tired. It's been a long day for me and I want to be fresh and lively for my first day of school tomorrow." She pecked my cheeck and left.

Switch P.O.V. (Nate)

"She did what?!" I covered my ears in a weak attempt to save my eardrums. Damn, Seth was loud. I loved the guy like a brother and respected him for the prince he was, but damn again, he had the drama tendencies of a preppy girl. "Dude, no reason to get al worked up. It was just a peck on the cheeck. I don't know why you even care." Lucas defended himself. "I just do, okay." Seth sulked. "The answer of a true king, Seth. You'll make a fine sovereign one day." Victor mocked him. "Why do you want half the court dead, my lord?

'I just do.'" Victor mimicked his brother. "Shut up, vic! You aren't as cute as you think you are." Victor just laughed. "You're my identical twin, bro. Same goes for you then." Seth was visibly losing his temper. He was more on edge than usual. I knew that I shouldn't be doing this, but it was just so much fun to see Seth lose it. "What got your panties in a twist, my liege?" The look on his face made me feel lucky he counted me to his friends, cause it I weren't I'd be dead by now. We might mock him with his short temper, but we all knew Seth would make a great king. With people who deserved his respect he could have the patience of a saint, his friends could always count on him, and he didn't often let his personal dislike cloud his desicions. So he had a short fuse? It was fun rile him. "Not what, Nate. It's who?" Dustin threw in. I clapped my hands, marvellous. "I bed you 20 bucks that it's the new girl. Luci." What can I say, I loved bets. "Can you guys give it a rest?" Seth exclaimed. "I just had a rough day. Drop it already, will ya."

"I heard he staked his claim on her against Michael." Samuel informed us. Vic turned to him sharply like a worried mother dug. "Heard or saw?" Samuel hated people making a fuss about him. "Heard." Time to break up this fight. We all knew Sam didn't like talking about his visions, he saw it as a curse.

"Dude, are you sure that was a good idea. If you find your mate and she hears you already claimed someone else..."

"I didn't claim her!" Seth sounded exasperated. "She's new, by the godess. I don't think she knows why she is here. She doesn't understand the temptation she radiates." Yeah, right. A girl like Luci knew exactly her assest. She looked like a girl who would use all her qualities to her advantage. "Keep telling yourself that. You want her, and you know it." He opened his mouth to sputter a denial, but I raised my hand. "Save it bro. You might not realise it, but that doesn't make it less true." I frowned. "Just be careful. Don't commit to anything. You'll need to wait for your mate or you'll lose your one shot at immortality. We can't lose or future king, Seth." I could see we were getting on his nerves. I could only imagine the pressure that was putted on his shoulders. I was only the treasurekeeper's son. Me and my familly were lower nobility, and I was gratefull for that every single day of my life. I only had to look at the pressure people were putting on Seth, Vic and Jake. Especially Jake, poor Jake. Yes, my parents expected me to finally grow up and become more responsible, but they loved me, no matter what. With Jake, it was just sad. No matter how hard he tried to please his father, he was never satisfied. The general always saw a reason to find Jake lacking as a son, a warrior, a student, and so on.

"I'm going to hit the sack." Seth announced. "And I do not need your pitty, Nate." He added in a cold voice. Damn, I really needed to get my facial expressions more composed.

I left the bathroom as last, call me vain, when I saw Seth standing in front of his bed with a wistful expression on his face. That's when I noticed he wasn't staring at his bed, but ad the bed above his. Luci's bed. I groaned inwardly, this didn't predict much good.

Switch P.O.V. (Seth)

She looked like an angel while sleeping. One hand curled under her cheek, a small smile on her face. A red strand of hair had wandered over her face. Before I knew what I was doing, I had already brushed it behind her ear. Her hair was so silky soft. She curled her lips in a menacing way, as if saying 'back off buddy'. I softly laughed at that. So far for her being an angel. I saw her chest rise with regular breaths, but her heartbeat was so slow, too slow to be healthy. I shook her awake by her sholders, her eyes snapped open and her hand shot out. If it weren't for my fast reflexes, she would have bitchslapped me in the face. "Hey, watch were you swing those claws." I complained. She glowered at me with the meanest looking face I had ever seen. If I had been human right then, I would have cowered. But I wasn't one, on the contrary, I was the most dangerous predator in this school. An angry human girl wasn't going to throw me of balance. Besides, now I was sure she was alive, such a slow heartbeat wasn't normal. "What the fuck was that for?" She yelled. I could hear the sleepy complaints of the already sleeping Jake and Dustin. "Oh good you're still with the living. I thought you went into a coma or something. Must have been the drooling that gave me the wrong impression." Her eyes flashed to an even more brilliant green, if that were even possible. "I do not drool." She hissed. "Yes, you do, honey. Having a nice dream of me?" The stunned look on her face was priceless. "Don't be embaressed. Lot's of girls do." Very satisfised with myself I went to bed. I could hear her muffled sreams of exasperation.

Switch P.O.V. (Luci)

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!" I screamed in my pillow. The guy was impossible. That smug bastard! Oh, he made me so mad. The nerve, to fucking wake and the things he said. I, I, aaaaaaaaaaah. I could hear his soft chuckles from where I lay. Yeah, you laugh now, you conceited idiot. You just wait till tomorrow. I was wide awake anyway, I had a whole night to think of a something to get even. And I did not follow the rules of an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. You messed with me and I retaliated twice as hard.