daughter of hell 27

Vampires,

fangs,

leeches,

bloodsuckers,

fucking parasites everywhere!

My eyes darted from one corner to the other while I made my way quickly through the hall to the safety of my dorm. Safety? There was no safety here, nor there. They were everywhere. How could this have slipped past me? I blamed my parents, always overprotecting me, keeping me away from the bad things in life. It was their fucking fault that I hadn't recognised a vampire!

My mother, that evil bitch. Why had she send me to this school? Knowing her she must have known about this, and if I had any doubts before the words of the vice-principal confirmed my suspicions. She had known and still send me here. But why? She always had a reason. But knowing there was a reason and finding it were to completely different matters. My mother was a psycho, a loony. She truly was daft, a serious nutcase, no disrespect to all the nutcases, but my mother was dead-on disturbed. You'd have to be as much of a weirdo as her to understand the weird twists in her brain. I needed to get somewhere less crowded, some place where I there would be less of them, where I didn't feel like one would jump me and attack. I desperately tried thinking of all the things I knew about vampires, and found out it was precious little. Damn my parents, the only thing I knew was how vampires had come to existence and I only that because the goddess Nyx, the creator of the Night's childern, was said to be the consort of the god Erebus, lord of the darkness and therefor Hell.

The vampire race was created by Nyx, but cursed by Erebus, the god of deep Darkness, out of jealousy. The Night childern were to die at their twentieth plus one year of life. Erebus was a very powerful god and his will had been done before Nyx could prevent the curse. To save her precious Night childern, she called upon the Moirae as a mother. Instead of cutting through the Night childern's thread they thinned them out, so instead of dying, they became the undead.

(This is to freshen up your memory, if you still remember the story you can skip this page and go on to the next one. It's just the retelling of how the vampires were born. )

Erebus became furious when he found out about Nyx' cleverness, and made his favorite daughter, Hemera, the goddess of the day, banish the now undead night children from her element. After this they could no longer suffer sunlight.

Scorned in her pride and love for her created race, the vampires, Nyx mustered her last trump. Ichor is the element in the blood of the gods, that gave them immortality. It was said that when a god was bled, the ichor made his or her blood poisonous to mortals. She could not risk poisening her precious childern, so she found a detour.

She fed her blood to random mortals, poisening them and observing their reaction to the ichor in her blood. Nintynine point nine procent of the mortals died, only a select group of females survived the godesses blood. Excited Nyx saw how the girls became marked in the form of a triangular black mark on the middle of their backs. The offspring of these marked girls bore a similar mark.

After generations had passed and all the marked ones survived, Nyx was ready for the next part of her plan to be set in motion. The most beautiful and strong one of the marked girls was manipulated to meet the leader of the undead night children. By Nyx' doing the blood of the marked girl was spilled by a simple cut in her finger. The undead king, who did not own one drop of blood himself because of the curse, was overcome by a certain bloodlust. But for some reason the king craved this girls blood far more than any other before her. He succumbed to his desire and drank her blood, piercing her delicate skin with his sharp teeth.

By some sort of unkown evolution the girl's blood had produced a certain enzyme that had mutated the Ichor into something inexplicable but very desirable to a vampire.