daughter of hell 37

Chapter:

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit

And the vermin of the world inhabit it

And its morals aren't worth what a pig could spit

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

P.O.V. (you wish you knew by who:P You'll find out by reading:D)

"Marcus." I nodded.

The boy looked at me like he'd kill me, right there on the spot in the busy hall of torment.

The boy's hostility amused me, his loyalty towards the daughter of Hell, not so much. In fact it was the boy's only flaw, that and the fact he didn't belong here. So much light shone from his inner good or whatever you called that shit.

I on the other hand new this was my place. I belonged here, between the vermin of the earth. The boy should know better than to think he could take me on. I was older, and far deeper in the darkness than him. She had made sure of that.

I didn't remember much from my human life. It was long, long time ago and human memories fade with the years.

But I did remember the pain, the hurt, the hatred. I remembered how those feelings had let me through the gates from Hell, how their little watchdog, Cerebus, had smelled my hatred and had let me pass through, mistaking me for a demon.

I had smelled the rotting odor of untruthfulness and had flared my nostrils.

Every little detail of that night I remembered like it had only happened yesterday, it is only the reason why that I can no remember. But the pain and hatred had consumed me, I must have had a good reason for that.

My heart had pounded in my chest as I got closer to the second greatest demon of Hell, the sole cause for my hatred, the one who was called Lucifer.

Blind rage had consumed me, making me see everythin in a red haze. I stabbed him with vicious strikes, needing to see blood flowing from this vile creature. The great demon at my mercy. I gave none, it had no soul.

I should have realised that it all had been far too easy, I should have known I was being set up.

How I wish I could regret that day; the day I learned that Lucifer was not a he, but a she and how hatred and bloodlust were the last shove I needed to become a vengance, bloodspilling demon.

By spilling this great demon's blood I condamned my soul to darkness, bottomless darkness.

The day I encountered Lucifer and paid the price, part of my useless soul come to her.

She would live and would die.

And rise as a demon,

under her command.

"Xerxer." He muttered and walked away.

You walk away from me now boy, but I will get my revenge. That bitch was going to pay for what I had become, for the piece of my black soul she took from me.

I might not have been able to kill her as a human, not even as a young demon. But I had aged and gained power. I could take her down, and I would.

I considered myself merciful wher she hadn't been.

Dead was a small price to pay for the torment I had gone through.

It was a price that she would pay, I would personally see to that.

Switch P.O.V. (Seth)

She was sitting on the kitchen counter with a piece of heavy parchment gripped tightly in her hands. She frowned at the piece of paper like she didn't get what it meant.