daughter of hell 65

this is a little teaser and to finally give Relizza an answer to her question (sorry it came three weeks late:s but I couldn't blab it sooner)

it's short but it'll be followed with Luci tending a visit to a certain fallen angel: will that upset Seth? fallen angels do have a reputation of being dashingly handsome and masters in seduction.... =P

I haven't figured it out exactly but does that sound like something promising or...

I'll see what I can come up with=P

ps: thanx to alwayslove516 for the enthusiasm of reading=D

I hope I don't dissapoint.

"Indeed, how was this man likely to be anything but an evil spirit, who never knew honest satiety of drink or food or sleep, but only tasting at random from the meals that were set before him, roamed the palace at unseemly hours of the night, and was possessed by the quenchless lust of a demon?"

- Procopius of Caesarea, The Secret History, circa 550 CE

"What do you mean, you can't tell me if the vampire prince is dead for sure? He's either dead or he isn't!"

I took a step back from the raging female, I was not afraid of her, but she was still a Seraphim, higher in the heavenly order than me. One day, I've promised myself so many times before and the waiting was killing me, but one day real soon I would rule and she'd be the first one to get kicked out of heaven, to become a mortal. Ha, last laughs best laugh.

The sentence reminded me of Luci, how she'd laugh right back in my face and say something stupid like: 'I've always thought who laughed last was the one who probably didn't get the joke.' If she hadn't already left heaven she'd be kicked out right along with her mother, the stupid bitch that was raving like a demonpossessed nutjob.

"Did you see my daughter kill Sethan? This is important Raphael, don't make me regret promoting you to chief of the order of the Virtues, it can be taken away as quickly as you got it." She snapped her fingers in my face.

'It can be taken away.' You couldn't take away a position from an angel, it came open again when the angel died, she once again threatened to kill me, boring. The bitch knew she needed me I was the only one who could yield the Ring and make her daughter bow, if the vampires hadn't already killed her. Probably not, since they still thought the best way to kill a demon was to burn them, how utterly ridiculous! Demons lived and breathed fire, for God's sake! Another race I'd crush once I was in charge of these morons.

I took a deep breath, and prayed for a calmness I did not feel, the women could get a teacup mad at her.

"I followed them." I told her with a voice that shook from barely suppressed anger.

"The Ring still works, she didn't even feel my pressence. The prince felt me, he's got a lot of power hidden under his youthfull exterior, he got scared for her sake, the poor bastard went down fast: line, hook, sinker. Like all brainless heros he thought to save her, we both know your daughter is not the poor, helpless lady in distress, she does not take well to the role."

I had found out about her 'spirit', more like her viscious temper and her viscious right hook first hand. Whenever we were training she'd put up a hell of a fight, and no matter what I did, she wouldn't break, mentally that is, her bones broke all too well, I had lost count how many I had broken for her.

"The Ring made her powerless, he took away her precious control. They closed the gates of their plane. We both know it means your daughter snapped, he's dead and if she isn't yet, she'll soon join him to wherever dirt goes after they've left this live."

Precilla looked smug, the news of both the prince and Luci's soon deaths obviously pleased her. She wouldn't be that smug if she knew that Luci somehow had resisted the power of my Ring, not by much, she had lost a considerable amount of power, but not enough to drain her completely. I didn't know how she'd done it, but in the end it wouldn't matter, my new position as chief of the Virtues gave me some control over her, and the Ring would do the rest. Even if she had survived Gramoira, there was no way she could stand in my way any longer, not a vampire, not an angel, not a demon could stop me, the only person that could was the halfbreed, and the Ring would take care of her.

Soon, I promised myself, soon I would have the absolute power and human kind would worship me, demons would be no more and that ugly bitch that had casted me aside for that pathetic demon would weep in her grave. She was dead, but even after all these years I could not shake off the pain of het betrayal, her old lover would pay the price for stealing her from me, I'd take his daughter, his demons, his plane, his everything: I'd finally be able to get rid of these lingering feelings she had left in me, feelings that even after her dead hadn't lessened.

Soon.