daughter of hell 45

For some very annoying reason I can not type the reversed sign of '

so instead I am typing a *

Very pissed of with my computer, hope you still like the story:d

Xx

Ps: merry X-mas and a crazy New Year:P

Chapter:

where were you when I fell from grace

frozen heart, an empty space

something's changing, it's in your eyes

please don't speak, you'll only lie

- Depeche Mode -

Okay, let's see what kind of bookcollection those stupid vampires had about Lucifer, scary demon from Hell. I grabbed a thick book with a worn leather binding: 'Demons through centuries' was writen on the band in bold, golden lettters.

' (see it still worked here!!!!!) Demons have no typical appearance. There are of course certain similarities if you compare various species of demons, but generalisation is difficult. A great amount of demons are twolegged, horned, have exceptionally great claws, sharp teeth and wear tails, some are winged as well; but all these properties very seldom occur on the same demon."

Come on! We were not animals, I had yet to encounter a demon with a tail or one with *great claws', and demons did not have wings! Yeah, I had wings, but I wasn't an ordinary demon, didn't matter how much I wished I were. Claws, ridiculous.

*Depictions of demons with ram's horns and goatfeet are very common, yet they often are mere simplifications and shouldn't be taken as the real thing. There also exist demons which are of spiritual form only for example like the mystrans, who have the abilities to possess others.'

Simplifications?Come on goatfeet, who the fuck did they think we were? The god Pan? This was a stupid book for morons, I mean come on: like we'd be able to possess others and what the fuck was a *mystran'?

Something below the page caught my attention.

*Very often one can see a strong tendency towards the element of fire at a demon by looking at its appearance or by watching the way the monster behaves in battle. Certain demons can spit or breathe fire or can even cast fire magic themselves, or seem to be composed of lava-like substances and therefore are often immune against fire-weapons'

It wasn't all true but it was most accurate thing I had read about my kind. Fire, it was our element, my element. I could breath fire and it would make me stronger, rather than... well dead.

Than I read something that had me seeing red. How dare they?!

*Common among the demons is their uncontrolled desire and greed for various things that they seek for satisfaction, and their generally chaotic and unpredictable behaviour, though this depends of course as well from the beast's intelligence.'

Beasts? They dared to call us animals? No, not animals, something more basic, more primitive: they called us beasts! I closed the book with an anry thud. I was no longer interessted in finding out more about my past, about the infamous Lucifer. I was... outraged, insulted and.... I did not even have words for it. Yes, I had known that the vampire race did not understand us, but to be treaded like a freakshow, it was... I caught myself before the word formed itself properly in my mind. Inhuman, as if. None of us were human, maybe a vampire more than any other, but not exactly. That frailty, that exquisite beautiful thing that I could never be. I had never envied a human before, but I did admire their joy in life. They knew their time was limited and it made them cherish it, it made them capable of taking risks, of being rash and not being able to regret it, for they knew that their time in this world was limited. My mother, and even my dad, told me, spelled it out to me time and time again that I should take things slow, analyse them, think before acting. It was unforgiveable to an immortal to act rash, something I had a gift for. I didn't like the way my thoughts were going, up to memorylane. I glanced at the watch that hung above the libarydoors. Fuck! I had a class in three minutes. I so did not need another detention, I still had two weeks to go.