daughter of hell 32

The last upload was too short, I felt bad for leaving you guys hanging like that. I'd hate myself if I was following the story and the writer wrote so little btw: thank you all for reading my story:D

so here's another part

xx impossible

Switch P.O.V. (Seth)

She stared me straight in the eyes while talking to Nate. Her gaze never faltered.

"Not even darkness can bring us comfort."

Her fluo green eyes clouded over, like a storm brewing and I that's when I felt a darkness inside of her. I could hear her heart beat: thump... ... ... thump... ... ... thump... A rhythm so slow that I could not believe I ever thought her to be human. Her hair seemed to come alive, like crackling flames on a late summer's night. Her skin turned ashen and her lips a brilliant red. She blinked and looked away.

"I have to go." And almost as fast as a vampire she left the dorm.

That was no angel I just saw leaving.

"Did you see that?" I asked Nate.

"Luci running away?" He asked.

"Of course I saw it, she almost ran me over in her haste. What would be up with her? Did we tease er too much?"

Nate hadn't seen the change in her, the darkness that she was telling us about. I had thought I had finally figured out her secret. Which I had, but apperantly she a couple of more mysteries, demanding to be unraveled.

"I'm going to see if she's okay."

"That's sweet." I heard Nate say right before I flipped him off.

Switch P.O.V. (Luci)

I felt my powers rise for no reason at all. This should not be happening, and it wasn't only because Mr. Cocky's extra ability should have neutralized my powers. Something was seriously wrong; I've always had full control of my demonpowers, I never slipped.

I felt my body turn more demonic while I ran for cover in the woods. By the time I had reached the treeline my little black horn were visible and I knew my eyes were reflecting the emptiness of a lost soul.

I tried telling myself that I was safe and that no one had seen me, but remembering the look in Mr. Cocky's eyes warned me I wasn't so lucky. I could only hope that he hadn't figured out what I was, he already knew too much.

As sudden as it had come the turmoil of energy dissolved into the nothingness I had become used to since rooming with Mr. Cocky. Just as well. Footsteps were closing in on me and that sexy, sweet, comforting smell that shouldn't be any of those thing, told me Mr. Cocky had come after me.

Switch P.O.V. (Seth)

Damn, the little angel was fast. She'd had a three minute headstart and already I couldn't find her. I was going to need to look up on the physical boundries of the angel race. The sweet spicy smell of Luci told me she'd made a run for the threes. Why would she go in the forest at eight in the morning? If it weren't for that strange cold look in eyes I wouldn't have bothered going after her, but what if she had some weird disease? She hadn't smelled sick but what did I know about angels? I heard her soft melodic voice and got curious. Who was she talking to? Had she arranged for someone to meet her here? Cody? That thought had me seeing red. Angry I pushed my way into the bushed, ready to beat the crap out of the person who dared to touch what was mine.

"You call me when he gets back, okay? Tell him its urgent."

I moved forward when she twireled around and disconnected her cellphone.

"Who were you talking to?"

She crossed her arms defiantly, but all I saw was how that gesture pushed her breasts up, almost spilling over the dark blue leather corset thing she wore in addition to her schooluniform. She looked hot. I let my gaze wander down to her bare legs, showing from under her short skirt.

"Do you mind!" She said in an irritated voice.

I gave a sideways grin.

"Not at all."

"Uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr. You're so immature. What are you, twelve?"

"You mind want to watch the growling, honey. People might mistake your heavenly ass for a werewolf's."

She narrowed her eyes and pursed her lips.

"Good thing there aren't any people her than."

My eyes slit to splits when I caughed on to her barb. If she was going to be mine queen, she was going to have to lose the superior attitude all angels seemed to possess.

"We're all supernatural creatures, doll. If I'm not a person, neither are you."

"Lore creatures." She said.

"I don't have mud mixed in my blood."

Her stuck up attitude bothered me. No it didn't bother me, it infuriated me. I reacted on pure instinct and didn't really think.

I roughly grabbed her arm and quickly flicked my nail over the tender flesh on the inside of her arm. I wanted to show her that her blood was exactly the same as mine, thin and red.

No blood spilled from the cut and I stared at it while it closed. Huh? I might not know a lot about angels but as the next monarch I have studied the former battles between vampire and angel, some of those battlehistories had some pretty gruesome details, and I knew for a fact that angels bled like us. Even the small cut should have at least bled a drop of blood. There was no way a wound could close in less than a second, which it hadn't, it just hadn't bled. I cocked my ears to listen to her blood pumping through her veins, my body and hers tense. Their you had that slow rhythm again. Thump... .... thump... ... thump.... .....

I heard a crunching sound and saw Luci's face draw in pain. No sound escaped her lips. That's when I found out I had been gripping her wrist real tight in my concentration to hear her heartbeat. I quickly released it and saw her cradle it to her chest.

"You freaking psycho!" she yelled at me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! You fucking broke my wrist."

I didn't know what to say.

"Stay the hell away from me, sicko."

The look on her face spoke of absolute repugnance and contempt. I couldn't blame her this time.

"Don't you ever come near me again."

I didn't feel like going near her again, she was so fragile, and like the jerk I was I'd forgotten she wasn't from my kind. No, that wasn't true, how could I forget with her reminding me all the time that I was nothing more than a leech, never mind that I'd never had drunken blood before. No, it was that she always looked so strong, that I forgot that it was all a show, a brave face. I thought psychology was shit, and I didn't waste my time overanalizing stuff, but even I saw that she carried a deep sorrow with her. Something had happened in her past, something awful enough to give her the iron core she possessed today. My fangs popped out when I remembered her indifference to the pain her broken arm must have caused her. The indifference to pain suggested she had gotten used to it. She shouldn't have had to get used to it, damn it! I wanted to take the hurt away from her, but all I managed to do was hurt her some more. Shit! I needed to make things right between us. I needed to stop being such a jerk around her. I would have to swallow my own pride.

This wasn't going to be easy, nothing about Luci ever was.