daughter of hell 73

RECAP:

(P.O.V. Seth)

"What do you think you are doing? Since you refused to assist me while I remind the demon of his place, I have to do all the heavy work. No touching the executioner."

She seemed to think of something.

"As a matter of fact. No touching me, ever."

That smell. Spicy. Hot. Addictive. Powerful. Luci's blood. I could not place the sight of it, but I knew that smell and the taste of it.

"You bled."

She would not have cut herself. Claw marks. I turned around and faced the demon who lay there, gagged and bound with unsheathed claws.

"I changed my mind. I'll be your executioner."

----------------------------------------------------

"You can't kill my demon, fangboy. And don't give me that smoky look. It doesn't matter how sexy you get when you're all deadly, you still can't kill him."

She thought I was sexy?

"I went through a lot of trouble. Just slap him around a bit, bring him to the brink of dead for all I care. Just don't push him over, Hell's on the brink of war and we need every demon we got, even the stupid ones." She laughed out loud.

The sound of her laugh wrapped around me, made my skin tingle and made me want to laugh too. The girl really had fucked me up.

"He hurt you."

I thought that didn't need further explaining. He had hurt her, he was a dead man walking.

"Demons, don't get your panties in a twist over a few scratches. He's Belias. You are only in danger if you are an arrogant son of a bitch, it feeds his power." She smiled as if she had her own private joke.

"Oeps. Better start hitting the sorry bastard before he recovers at the sheer power of your lonesome vampy superciliousness."

Heavy footsteps storming towards us announced Jake's arrival. Damn, he had already been in a bad mood about me following Luci towards the fallen angels without back-up. Me and two demons in a room with only Nate as my guard, this could get ugly.

Not that Jake thought less of Nathan. He knew Nate was a good fighter, but he also knew that he was at a disadvantage indoors, his strength came from Nature. And as for Luci, Jake liked her, but that didn't mean he trusted her with my life. I should be touched, really he was the bested bud one could wish, but he needed to give me a little bit more credit than that.

The door was thrown open with such force it creaked in its haunches. Good thing this school was build from the start knowing a bunch of adolescent vampires with an above average strength would inhabit it.

"I leave this dorm for five minutes, five fucking minutes and I return with the stench of demon burning my nose!"

"Hey!" Luci chimed in.

"I take exception to that. I do not stink."

"I didn't mean you sweetheart. You smell fine. I meant Belias, he's a third hierarchy demon. How the fuck did he end up in our dorm? I do not wish for you to bring your trash in here Luci. Get a leash on your demons, you are supposed to be their princess, are such an failure of a monarch?"

He thought she smelled nice? He had no business thinking my mate smelled nice.

"Demons, what crawled up your ass and died. It's not like he's posing any danger, he's tied up for demon's sake."

"Belias feeds of pride, you've got yourself two vampire princes in this room and you think he does not pose a danger?"

"Although I am slightly impressed that you know which demon you are dealing with, I must correct you. He doesn't feed of pride. Only sophisticated demons with a certain grace have that special talent. Arrogance is the word you are looking for. And even if he did manage to escape his binds, you know with you being almost as much of a cocky prick as your royal toothiness over there, I am, as you pointed out earlier, a princess. And contrary to what you seem to think, I am a good monarch who has absolute control over her subjects. So screw you."

Those last three words really undid her dignified speech. She was such an immature brat.

"And I can take care of myself." I added.

I could be immature too.

"My liege." Jake nodded before throwing a dagger straight at the demons heart.

The demons feel backwards with his tied behind his back, a strangling sound proved the myth wrong, demons did feel pain. Black blood welled up from the wound in the middle of his chest. The next things happened fast.

Luci threw out her hand at Jake, hitting him with a blast of crackling flames. A short blade materialized from her skin and quickly she cut through the demon's binds. Why did she do that?

"Can you open a portal?" Her voice sounded urgent.

"Snap out of it, you piece of shit. Can you open the portal?!" She shouted.

The strong smell of fear combined with the exotic pull of the demon's blood made my fangs pop out. The demon was terrified. That couldn't be right. Jake had only hit him in the heart once, demon's weren't that easily to kill. Did he fear Luci that much?

Luci's hand lay on the heft of Jake's blade, but instead of pulling it out of the demon's chest she twisted it deeper into his heart.

"Come on Belias. You tried so hard to scar me in Hell earlier today. What's holding you back now? Strike me you worthless bastard."

No way would I allow such a thing.

A hand filled with flames slapped across the demon's left cheek. But he didn't absorb the fire like I had seen Luci do before. Huh, I had thought all demon's could do that.

"I can't." The demon groaned.

"What the fuck did you do?" His voice broke in fear.

"Coward. Power isn't your only asset. Don't think your punishment will be over when you reach Hell." She spat in his face.

More fire leaped up from around the two of them. And then he was gone with Luci sitting comfortably on the couch with a big smile her face.

"I was right."

Now, what did she mean by that?