Cupid - ⁿᵒᵐⁱⁿ💚

Jisung has been given the task of helping the Soulmates Jaemin and Jeno finally find each other, but things don't turn out as expected...

💚💚💚💚💚

"Jisung are you ready?" asks Zeus the boy and Jisung comes running towards Zeus with a set of bow and arrows. "I'm done, but I don't see why I should help them both when they are already meant for each other," says Jisung and looks at Zeus in amazement.
"The two only need a little nudge and that's where you come in, but without arrow and ground," says Zeus and takes the boy's tool away. "What? How else am I supposed to make these two fall in love?" Jisung asks the mighty god, but Zeus just shrugs.
"You are the god of love, so your job is to find a way and now hush hush... go and spread love," says Zeus, then disappears with a loud bang.

Jisung just shakes his head in disbelief and then makes his way to the two friends. He jumps off his cloud and just lets himself fall. He falls low... and fast, but he enjoys the wind blowing through his hair. It's refreshing and for the short time Jisung feels free from all duties and burdens.
It is not easy to be the love god. Everyone wants someone to help them fall in love or have someone fall in love with them, but Jisung himself has no idea what love feels like. He has nobody to love. He also has no one to give him love. Since the beginning of time, it's been his job to help others find true love, but he never got a piece of his own medicine.

Just before Jisung hits the ground, he stops and his body levitates above the ground.
That's one of the benefits of a god. You have powers that allow you to do wonderful things, but what's the point if you can't show them to anyone.
Jisung stands up and then looks around. He's in a dark alley stinking with hate, so he gets out of the alley as fast as he can and ends up on the main street. Now all he has to do is find the two boys and a way for them to fall in love and then he can go back home.

Jisung uses his psychic powers to track them down and he actually finds them both in a cafe not far from here, so he takes big strides there.
And indeed, he meets the friends in the café just as they were about to leave. Unfortunately, the boys crash together, causing Jaemin to fall into Jeno's arms and Jisung to the ground.
Jisung looks at the two and he could swear for a moment the two looked at each other with love in their eyes. But when the two realized what position they were in and that they knocked Jisung over, they separated and helped Jisung up. They both took his arm and pulled him up.

"We're so sorry, um..." says Jaemin, holding out his hand to the boy. "My name is Jisung and everything is fine. You guys look very close," Jisung says, giving the two a certain look, alluding to a relationship between the two, but when Jaemin and Jeno look at each other, they immediately shake their heads. "Oh no. we're just best friends. I'm Jeno, by the way," he says. "Yeah, just best friends. I'm Jaemin," he says, and then the two look at Jisung with a strange look. But Jisung doesn't understand that and then distracts them again.
"Are you sure? I mean you just looked at each other as if you were in love and you Jeno held Jaemin as if he were your darling who is not allowed to be hurt," enthuses Jisung and folds his hands together.

The two look at Jisung funny, but somehow think it's cute how the boy stands there and raves about love. "No, we're quite sure. But tell me... how about you? Are you in a relationship?" Jaemin asks and Jisung chokes on his own spit.
"M-Me? I'm single and always will be," says Jisung with a shocked look at first, but then a big grin. Jeno and Jaemin both droop their faces like their hearts have been ripped out, which Jisung doesn't understand.
"Oh why? Don't you want to fall in love?" Jeno asks and Jisung shakes his head. "No. I'm happy when other people are happy. I don't think I can even fall in love," says Jisung. Jeno and Jaemin still don't look happy.

'What about those two? I'm trying to get them together and the only thing they do is ask me about my love life, which will never happen?'
Jisung is deep in his thoughts, but pulls himself together very quickly.
"Well, it was great to meet you. But now I have to move on," says Jisung. He wants to come up with a new plan to bring the two together. But Jaemin and Jeno don't want to let the boy go just yet. There's something about Jisung that takes them to seventh heaven.
"Wait, can we exchange our numbers?" Jeno asks and they both pull out their cell phones, but Jisung doesn't have one.
"I'm sorry, but I don't own one. But I'm sure we'll see each other again. You always meet twice in life," says Jisung and then lets the two stand there while they look after the boy.
"Hopefully!" They whisper and then go home too.