double dealing - ⁿᶜᵗ

Jisung has been double dealing his whole life, but what happens if his members find out?

Requested by Sarah9970531
(I'm sorry if it took so long)

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ¤ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Jisung knew from the age of 6 that one day he would stand on a stage and put on a show for thousands of people. It was always his only wish to live his dream, but unfortunately it wasn't easy for him. There is a tradition in his family that he take over the position of boss at the age of 20. That means he have to drop everything and accept the tasks and duties of being a mafia boss.

Jisung was aware of this because his parents told him that every day, but he still had time until he was 20 years old. So why not use the time.
But the older Jisung got and the more successful Jisung became in NCT Dream, the more he realized that one day he would have to give all that up, only to become a mafia boss where his image as an innocent maknae would no longer hold up.

Of course, Jisung also had family chores to take care of over the past few years, such as torturing someone, killing someone or completing negotiations, but he always masked himself and did them in secret.
Nobody but his parents, his father's right hand man, the Dream manager and the house butler know that Jisung have a double life. The world, his fans and his members only know Jisung as their innocent baby that they want to cuddle and spoil every day.

Jisung even loves his members very much, but he can't tell them the truth.
And he knows that he has to leave NCT soon to take on his duties as the new mafia boss. But what will he tell them?

Jisung has agreed with his parents that he can still finish this year and that will be his last comeback with NCT 2021. It hurts him, but that was the deal.

"Was it a mistake to start here?" Jisung keeps asking himself as he's about to hurt himself and his members. He doesn't even know what to tell them when he has to leave.
It will break his heart. He has to leave Chenle, his best friend, and kill people instead.
Jisung hates being the first son of a mafia family. Unfortunately he couldn't change that.

"Jisung are you coming? We have to go to practice", calls Mark from the living room in Jisung's room. Jisung has been sitting in his room since he got up today. He hasn't even had breakfast. None of the members noticed because they are too busy right now, but Jisung understands that. Because he also didn't notice how Haechan put on two different socks because he's so out of it today or that Jeno put his shirt on the wrong way round because he's so tired.

Jisung gets ready and then goes to the front door, where he gives Jeno a funny look. The older ones immediately notice the looks.
"Is something on my face?" he asks the maknae, patting his face. "Does your shirt have to be like that?" asks Jisung, confused, but then walks out of the dorm to the car. Jeno looks at himself in the mirror and notices his shirt is wrong. He gets dressed right away.
Jisung sits in the back and leans his head against the window. He then stares outside while listening to his hyungs talk.

"Jisung... soon... leave", Jisung hears one of his Mebers mumbling. He didn't hear the whole sentence, but even those three words make him sit up straight.
'Do they suspect something?' Jisung asks himself, but immediately shakes the thought away.
'From where shouldthey know?' He never sayed anything. Okay, he has to admit that he's been at his parents' house a lot lately because he's going to be the new mafia boss soon, but it was all cleared up with the members and the manager. Nobody could have become suspicious. Or do they?

Jisung shrugs off the thought as they arrive at the SM Building and head to their practice room. 127 Hyungs, WayV Hyungs, Sungchan and Shotaro are already waiting for them there.
"Ah, there you are" calls Taeyong, who notices the Dreamies first and greets them with open arms. Taeyong hugs each of his babies tightly until he stand in front of Jisung. Jisung never liked skinship and the others know that. Taeyong looks at him and Jisung just hugs him.

'Who knows when the last time will be?' Jisung thinks and of course Taeyong hugs her too.
"Well then, let's get started," says the choreographer, interrupting Jisung and Taeyong's brief moment. Everyone lines up and the practice begins. While dancing, Jisung keeps noticing the looks of his hyungs staring at him and that makes Jisung nervous. He fears his hyungs know something, but he doesn't want to admit it, so he shakes off his thoughts and focuses back on his work.

"Very good. We're going to take an hour break now. Eat and drink something," says the choreographer and then disappears from the room with the other staff members, leaving Jisung alone with his hyungs. "Jisungie can we talk for a moment?" asks Johnny and Jisung would like to say 'no', but they wouldn't ket him go. So he sits down with his hyungs in the circle they have formed and waits impatiently.
"Jisung, we noticed that you've been at home a lot lately, at your parents, and we were wondering if everything was alright?" Taeyong begins and Jisung has to swallow hard.

"Of course Hyung. My parents are healthy, if that's what you mean," says Jisung. "Then why are you at home so often?" Jaemin asks this time, who is sitting next to Jisung. Jisung looks at his hyungs and gets nervous. "What do you mean? I'm only visiting my family. I mean you do that too," Jisung tries to save himself from the situation. "But not during a comeback and especially not for several days," says Taeyong. Jisung realizes that they suspect something and he doesn't know how to save himself from this situation. "Hyung please. I'm only visiting my family, that's nothing bad," Jisung says and wants to get up.

"No it's not, unless you want to leave us and become the new mafia boss..."

Jisung immediately stops with his back to them. Chenle's words are still buzzing in his head and he doesn't know what to say.
'They know? But where and how? I never said anything. Maybe in my sleep...?' Jisung tries to piece together an explanation for Chenle's statement.
"Jisung, we've known for a long time. You're not exactly discreet when you make phone calls," says Jeno and Jisung would like to sink into the ground.
"We asked Manager-nim about it and he said he promised not to tell us, but he won't lie to us either, so we had our confirmation," says Mark and Jisung wants to cry.

"H-Hyungs it's not what you think it is..", Jisung tries to save the situation, but he is interrupted by Jaehyun. "Don't lie to us. Jisung you will leave us after this comeback and then become a mafia boss. A murderer, a dealer, a criminal. You Jisung, our maknae, our innocent baby." Jisung feels tears welling up in his eyes, but he doesn't bother wiping them away, just letting them flow.
"Hyungs believe me, I'm sorry, but that was the deal with my parents. I always wanted to be an idol, but on my 20th birthday I have to accept my duties. I have no other choice," says Jisung and tries to save himself.

"Then just leave them. You're an adult, you can do whatever you want," says Chenle, who is also crying now. He doesn't want to lose his best friend to criminals. "I'm sorry, but they are my parents, my family," says Jisung, looking at the floor.
"We're your family too. We raised you for almost ten years, Jisung," Johnny yells at him and Jisung can smell the anger and sadness.
"I'm sorry Hyung, but I have no say in this," Jisung says, turning to face the door. He has to go, he can't stay here any longer. Not after they know who he is.

"Bullshit! They can't force you to do this," Yuta yells, but Jisung grabs his bag and heads for the door.
"Hyung, I've already done some things that are not considered innocent anymore. I'm sorry, but I will no longer be a member of NCT..." Jisung says and the room goes.

After that, Jisung was never seen again. Not from its members, from its fans or from the agency. Nobody knew that Jisung would not even be part of the new comeback. He simply left as too many knew of his true identity. He just went home and accepted his position as the new mafia boss.

.

.

.

.

I'm SORRY to all my readers!

I know my updates are irregular and late, but I'm not in very good condition right know, so I apologize deaply.

I hope you are all doing great!

~chichi