I'm okay - ⁿᶜᵗ🥀

Chenle died right beside Jisung, but Jisung is okay...

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

One moment Jisung and Chenle were still in the car and the next they were on the ground. Jisung woke up first and only felt pain. He looked around frantically, trying to suppress the pain. He tried to remember what was happening, but the last thing he knew was that he and Chenle were in the car on their way to a location for a 'Chenji This and That' episode. But then it was still morning and now it is night.

Jisung cannot see people, nor can he see lights. As he tries to get up, he realizes he is in a forest. He can see the trees and the foliage on the ground. But he sees no Chenle. "C-Chenle?! W-WHERE ARE YOU?!" he screams through the forest, but he gets no answer. The boy gets scared and frantically searches for his best friend. Walking in one direction for a while, he notices colored lights coming from a street.

Immediately he runs there as fast as he can and the closer he gets there, the clearer it becomes. He recognizes an ambulance and several firefighters, as well as police officers. But what shocks him is the black van that looks so familiar to him. It's only when he walks towards the slope and walks up the hill that he realizes it's his van. The van he and Chenle were in.

"C-Chenle?" he calls out, attracting the attention of the people who immediately run towards him. The paramedics want to examine him and the police want to question him, but Jisung won't let anyone touch him. He just wants to find his best friend. "Where's Chenle?" he asks several people, but they all tell him the same thing. "When we got here, only the driver was here."

Jisung tries to strain his head and think, and as if struck by lightning, he remembers. The van was hit by a truck and went off the road. Jisung and Chenle were seriously injured, but their driver was even worse. They decided to get help, but it was too dark outside and they couldn't see the slope and fell down.

Jisung immediately runs back down the slope. It was more of a roll, but he didn't care. All he had on his mind was Chenle. He searched the whole slope and shouted Chenle's name, but he found nothing for a while. After what felt like an hour, he finally saw a person lying motionless on the ground. Jisung ran to her and hugged her and sure enough it was Chenle. "C-Chenle...?" he asks with so much pain in his voice.

"J-Jisung?" he actually gets as an answer and Jisung was overjoyed to know that his best friend was still alive. "Chenle Oh my God, I've been looking for you everywhere. I'm so happy that you're still alive," he says, overjoyed, but Chenle just looked at him sadly. "What's Chenle?" he asks his best friend when he sees his eyes. "J-Jisung, I won't l-live any longer," Chenle says, and Jisung's heart shatters into a thousand pieces.

"W-What do you mean?" asks Jisung, unable to admit that Chenle was hurt too badly. "I'm so cold and I can hardly stay awake," he says weakly. "Please Chenle. Everything will be fine. There are doctors up there who will help you. I will carry you up," he says and takes Chenle in his arms. But he didn't consider that he himself was injured. With pain and loud screams, he picks up Chenle and goes to the slope where the paramedics are.

"J-Jisung it's okay. I'm ready," says Chenle, but Jisung shakes his head. The tears run down both of them, but Jisung doesn't give up. "No, you will survive," he says, walking up the slope, but it's hard to get up there without a free hand. "Jisung tell the others that I love them and promise me not to cry and be happy," says Chenle, but Jisung pretends not to hear him.

"Jisung please..." Chenle begs as he puts his hand on Jisung's cheek with the last of his strength.
"I love you Jisung," Chenle says, and then Jisung feels Chenle's body getting heavier. "
No... No Chenle wake up. Please don't leave me. I love you too," Jisung yells, drawing the paramedics' attention again. They all come running and help the two boys.

The paramedics try to get Chenle back, but it's too late. Jisung is a crying wreck and finds his body losing adrenaline and then everything goes black...

.

.

.

.

It has now been two weeks since NCT attended Chenle's funeral. Everyone was there... NCT, his family, EXO, Super Junior, Stray Kids and many more. They all cried a lot. Only one didn't shed a single tear. Jisung walked around like a living corpse that day and everyone was very worried about him. He was the one who was with Chenle when it all happened. But Jisung didn't want pity and avoided everyone.

Mr. Lee has given NCT a three month break to allow them all to recover, especially Jisung, but even after two weeks you can still hear the muffled sobs coming from their room. Only in Jisung's room they can hear happy music and see him with a big smile on his lips. If you didn't know better, you'd think the boy is happier than ever.

Of course, that worries his members. They think that Jisung is suppressing the pain and that can hurt you terribly. "Jisung we wanted to talk," says Mark as he and the other Dream Members sit in his room.
"About what?" asks Jisung, but he can already guess in which direction this will go. "You don't need to suppress the pain, Jisung. We know how much it hurts. It's okay to grieve," says Jaemin, sitting next to Jisung.

"I'm fine though. I know you all think I must be super sad, but I'm okay," Jisung says with a smile on his face, but you can see how hurt the boy is after such events to be. "Jisung please. Your body will get sick from this. You will get sick and we can't lose another member," says Jeno.

"But I promised him," Jisung says quietly. "What did you promise to whom?" Haechan asks. "I promised Chenle not to cry and to be happy," says Jisung, thinking of his best friend's words. But this memory brings tears up. "Great, now I'm breaking my promise," he says, aggressively wiping away his tears. But they don't stop flowing and they keep getting more , making the boy angry and hurting himself.

Immediately, Mark and Jeno hold his arms while Haechan and Jaemin hug him. "Jisung, it's okay to cry and grieve," says Renjun. "Chenle just wanted you not to make a silly mistake and move on with your life," Renjun continues, and Jisung eventually calms down. "Really?" Jisung asks softly and the others nod. "Of course. Chenle knows that it's normal to cry when you lose someone, especially if it's your best friend, but he didn't want you to go after him too soon," Jaemin assures him and now Jisung is crying.

But this time he cries without hurting himself or being angry. He cries because he misses his best friend. He cries because he knows he will never see Chenle again. He cries because he is sad. And that's okay. It's okay to cry and he's not alone. He has his hyungs that will help him. They mourn with him and become happy again with him.

.

.

.

"I'm okay, Chenle!"