Pain - ʲᵃᵉᵐⁱⁿ🥀

Jisung and Jaemin have been friends since childhood, but everything changes when the two make their debut in NCT Dream.
Jisung needs help...

Requested by aeriaespa_

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Little Jisung

Jisung sits alone on a swing. It's already after ten o'clock in the evening. He actually wanted to go straight home after school, but he met three boys on the way. They were a little older and meaner. They threw Jisung on the wet ground and threw his bag in the dirt. After that, the three boys stepped on him. They just hit him for no reason and left him in the dirt afterwards.

Jisung didn't want to go home afterwards. He couldn't face his parents' eyes like that, so he decided to go somewhere else. He walked around town and found this old abandoned playground. There he first sat down on a swing and thought about what he should do then. He has bleeding wounds and is covered in dirt. He can't go home like this. His mother will ask questions that he can't answer right now... or doesn't want to.

Jisung rocks back and forth while only looking at the floor. But suddenly he hears a crunch behind him and thinks of an animal. But when he looks back, he sees a boy. He has fair skin and pink hair.
"Hello," the boy greets Jisung with a wide and warm smile. Jisung first thought that this boy was part of the other boys, which was bullying him and came back again, but the boy looked so nice.
"You're hurt," the stranger says, pointing to Jisung's open wounds. Jisung looks at his wounds and only nods slightly.

"I've got band-aids with me," says the boy, taking some out of his trouser pocket.
"May I?" the boy asks and Jisung is unsure at first. But he remembers that the wounds need to be treated, so he allows it and the boy comes to Jisung. He puts plasters on his wounds.
After he's done, the stranger sits on the other swing next to Jisung and just swings. "By the way, my name is Jaemin, and yours?" the boy introduces himself. "J-Jisung," Jisung says cautiously, but doesn't look at him.

"Can you tell me how that happened?" Jaemin asks. Jisung is unsure at first but feels like he can trust Jaemin. So he just tells what happened.
When Jisung finished, Jaemin didn't know what to say. He wanted to completely freak out and scream, but Jaemin knew that would only startle Jisung.
"Jisungie, can I be your friend? I can protect you and I promise that this will never happen again," promises Jaemin.
Again, Jisung is unsure, but Jaemin helped him and was nice, so he accepts.

"We're going to be the best friends in the world!"

.

.

.

.

.

A few years later, the two friends decided to debut as idols. They actually made it into the same group and are now with several guys in a group called NCT. Jaemin was very happy with his new life as an idol. He made many new friends and settled in very well, but Jisung didn't find it easy. Jisung was very young, so he had much more training and education from managers and coaches.

He could never allow himself a misstep and had to train for hours. Besides that, he also had to go to school and that was sometimes too much for the boy. He hardly slept and got tired. So tired that he wasn't always fully focused during training. This then led to the manager getting angry with Jisung.
"Jisung pull yourself together. You're an idol and you have to get better," the manager yells at the poor boy.

Jisung's other members are already in the dorms. The manager asked Jisung to stay a little longer to "talk" to him.
"I-I know. I'm trying my best," Jisung says, looking down at the floor.
"But that's not good enough. You're not good enough. The team fails because of you."

*SLAP*

Then the hand lands on Jisung's cheek. Jisung held his cheek and tears welled up in his eyes.
"Get better or you'll have to quit," the manager said seriously, and then left Jisung alone in the room. Jisung didn't know what was happening to him. The memories from back then came back. How he was pushed to the ground and beaten. Also that Jaemin had promised him that something like this would never happen again, but now he is standing here with pain in his face.

Jisung fell to the ground and began to cry bitterly. The pain wouldn't go. The thoughts got worse too. He blamed himself for everything and the burden increased.
The Bad thing is, it didn't stop with that one slap in the face... No.
The manager found pleasure in venting his power on Jisung and continued to do so. Jisung wanted to get help, but he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to do it. Jisung got depressed more and more and kept it to himself.

The other members noticed this, of course, but didn't know how to approach him. So they asked Jaemin to do it but Jaemin thought it was just that Jisung is a bit shy. He said that Jisung would need time for himself before he would open up. The others thought he was right since Jaemin knows him best, but Jaemin was wrong.

Jisung noticed Jaemin staying away from him and blamed himself for it. He thought he lost his best friend who promised to protect him forever. Jisung became more and more depressed and distance himself from the others even more. The manager kicked and punched him even more too. Jisung's psyche got worse until he finally decided to put an end to the suffering.

He stands in front of the mirror in his bathroom and looks at himself. His tears ran down his cheeks and the pain increased. Slowly he turns to the bathtub and turns on the tap and let ice-cold water flow into the tub. While the tub was filling, he sat down on the edge of the tub and took a blade in his hand and put it on his wrist.

As he makes the first cut, he watches the drops of blood dripping into the water. Then he did it again... and again... and again. Until the water was colored deep red and Jisung became weak. The water was now running over the edge of the tub. Jisung then just slid into the water and felt the freezing water penetrating his skin like needles. When he was in the water, he just let himself slide under the water and didn't even try to hold his breath.
He just let go...

Outside, Jaemin happened to walk by the bathroom and noticed the water pouring out of the crack in the door. He knocked on the door.
"Hello! Is anyone there?" he called, but no one answered. Jaemin panicked, attracting the other Dream Members.
"Jaemin, what's going on?" asks Mark, but then they noticed the puddle of water on the floor.
Now they were panicking too.

Four of them tried to open the door. They pushed the door harder and harder and the door actually opened. But what they saw then, took their breath away.
They saw a bloody, white corpse lying in the water, it face was blue.
"JISUNG!" Jaemin yelled, but by the time he pulled the boy out of the water it was too late.

Jisung is dead.