2, 7, 15 - shunsui x reader

(Name) had been gone for two years, seven months, and fifteen days. Shunsui kept a calendar at his bedside and marked off each and every day that she wasn't there.

The rest of her team members had returned a week after their missions, stating that (Name) had disappeared a couple of days in. When the news had reached her boyfriend, Shunsui, he had been devastated.

Yamamoto had refused to let Shunsui send anyone out to search, though in typical Shunsui fashion, he had set out to find her on his own. Unfortunately for Shunsui, he had turned up empty-handed and had been scolded for his rash actions.

Each day when he entered work, Shunsui would have to walk by the desk that (Name) used to work at. He had refused to replace her, and because of that the fifth seat of the Eight Division had remained vacant. Of course, Shunsui didn't refer to it as vacant; in his mind, he was still waiting for (Name).

When it came to accepting she might be gone, Shunsui refused to even entertain that thought. Jūshirō, Nanao, Yamamoto, and Retsu had all tried to counsel him, but Shunsui refused to listen.

His girl would be back. He knew she would.

-

Two years, seven months, and fifteen days after she had left on her mission, (Name) finally returned to Shunsui's side. She finally returned home.

A group of powerful rouge shinigami had kept her captured, making it impossible for her to escape until a distant recon team had stumbled across her captors. Even though she was injured greatly, (Name) had survived and refused to give in.

As she laid in the Fourth, receiving seemingly endless treatment, Shunsui's hand stroked her matted hair. The tears that flowed from his eyes landed on her scrapped face, stinging the newer cuts. Through it all, she stared up at her boyfriend, finding the utmost comfort in his teary gray eyes.

On the other hand, Shunsui couldn't have been happier. Even though everyone had told him to give up, he had stayed strong and loyal. Seeing his love laying on the bed with all of the IVs attached to her did sting him, but it was a lot better than staying up at night worrying about her.

As Shunsui leaned down and kissed (Name)'s forehead, they both knew that everything was going to be okay. Their love could get through anything.