babysitter - shunsui x oc

"What? You want me to babysit? But I don't-"

"I'm sure you'll do a great job, Captain."

Shunsui stared at his lieutenant with his mouth open, grey eyes wide in shock and confusion as Nanao handed him a baby girl wrapped warmly in a blanket. As her captain awkwardly held the baby, Nanao gently pushed a toddler towards him, an amused smirk forming on her face.

"I'm going to be gone for two days. In the mean time, I need you to watch after these two. Remember, these are my younger cousins, and I expect you to watch over them carefully."

Before Shunsui could say another word, Nanao walked out of the office, leaving the two scared children in her captains care. The toddler, a young boy with dark grey hair, looked up at the older male in confusion. Shunsui returned the look; he had very little experience with children, and found himself unable to do more than stare at the child for a good minute or so.

"I'm hungry!"

The sudden outburst from the boy made Shunsui cringe, making it painfully aware to him that he had no clue what to do. Forcing a smile on his face, Shunsui stood, still holding the youngest child carefully in an arm. Placing his other hand on the toddler's head, Shunsui said cheerfully,

"Okay, well, let's go get you something to eat then!"

An excited look crossed the boy's face as Shunsui led him out of the office, leading him on the quickest path to the First Division. He would take the children to Shuriken! Surely she would be willing to help him out in his harsh time of need? Besides, weren't women supposed to be great with children? Shunsui could only hope that Shuriken would be willing to help him out, though he didn't have many doubts that she would.

As Shunsui walked through multiple barracks, with a baby in one arm and a toddler now stuck to his back, he was acutely aware of the curious glances that seemed to follow him as he walked. Many shinigami muttered things that were only to be expected, things about how they knew it was only a matter of time before women began sticking him with children that he had helped them create. However, Shunsui didn't say a word in protest. No one would really believe his story anyway, would they?

After what had seemed to be an eternity of walking, Shunsui and the children arrived in First Division. Quietly, so as not to disturb the Head Captain or his lieutenant, Shunsui crept to the office belonging to the third seat of the division. Silently, Shunsui opened the door, seeing a sleeping Shuriken laying with her head on her desk.

Sitting the young boy down onto his feet, Shunsui smiled, fondly watching his sleeping friend for a moment. The normally fiesty female looked peaceful and beyond adorable as she slept.

A hungry groan from beside him snapped the chocolate haired captain back in to reality. Signalling the small boy to be quiet with a finger raised to his lips, Shunsui crept over to Shuriken's sleeping form, gently shaking her.

"No, dammit." Shuriken muttered with her eyes closed, shaking Shunsui's hand from her shoulder. "I don't want to get up. Do the paperwork yourself." Whenever Shunsui continued to lightly shake her, Shuriken's tired and irritated ocean eyes popped open as she barked, "Do it yourself, Chōji- Wait a second... Shunsui?" Shuriken yawned, obviously perplexed by the fact that Shunsui stood beside her instead of her division's lieutenant. "What are you doing here? And what's with the kids?"

A sheepish smile crossed Shunsui's face as Shuriken glanced from one child to the other, eventually resting her accusing gaze on him.

"I don't run an adoption service, Shunsui. If you're expecting me to watch or raise kids that were produced by your man whoring ways-"