one drink - shunsui x reader

(Name) sat with her elbow resting on the bar counter and her chin propped up in her palm. In her other hand, she held a cup of sake that her eyes had absentmindedly locked on ; in all of her years, she had never once tried the strange alcoholic liquid. Honestly, she hadn't had any sort of desire to do so until Rangiku had forcibly carried her to the small bar right outside the Seriete. Even now, with the substance in her grasp, (Name) still didn't see a big deal in it.

Tearing her eyes away from the sake, (Name) began searching for the loud and obnoxious lieutenant who had brought her here. It didn't surprise (Name) in the least that her friend was no where to be found. Rolling her eyes slightly with a sigh, (Name) returned her attention to her drink.

"Maybe I should just drink it and leave," The (h/c) Shinigami muttered to herself, gently swirling the liquid around in her cup. "It's not like Rangiku is here to make me stay anymore."

Right as (Name) placed the cup up to her lips, a familiar, yet less annoying, voice from behind startled the woman, making her jump and spill sake on her lap.

"I never thought I'd see the day when quiet little (Name) started drinking."

Turning around with an exasperated sigh, (Name) saw an overly amused Shunsui Kyoraku who blinked once she had turned around, his eyes landing on the sake that she had spilled on herself.

"Oh, I'm sorry about that! Allow me to buy you another drink, to make up for the one you spilled on yourself."

(Name) opened her mouth to object, but Shunsui simply winked and shook his head.

"I insist."

(Name) stared at him a moment, trying to think if there was any sort of way she could convince him otherwise; after all, if she left now, she wouldn't have to try the sake and could leave happily. But now, by having the alcohol-enthusiast captain beside of her, she'd probably be hungover by the time the morning came. Yet that, she knew, could be the least of her problems.

Shunsui grinned and sat down beside of her when (Name) finally replied with a shrug, "What could one drink hurt?"

Once (Name) had began cleaning the sake from her pants, Shunsui flagged down the bartender, ordering a glass of sake for (Name) and a bottle for himself. By the time (Name) had removed as much of the alcohol from her lap as possible, their drinks had arrived. As (Name) picked up her new glass of sake, Shunsui glanced down at the female with a bit more interest than usual.

He had always been more drawn to (Name) than he was to, well, every other female that he crossed ways with aside from the intimidating Fourth Division captain. He knew better than to try anything with Retsu. Now, (Name) was a different story. She was beautiful, kind, intelligent, and extremely available. The first quality alone was enough to make Shunsui happy, but the rest were simply bonuses; but most importantly, she wouldn't castrate him for a simple advance like Retsu would.

"This really is the first time I've ever seen you drinking, (Name). I never would have imagined seeing you here. I guess you're a bit more wild than you let on, hmm?" Shunsui grinned as he nudged (Name) gently, laughing when she raised an eyebrow at him and replied,

"Not in the least, Kyoraku. This is actually the first time I've ever had any sort of... alcoholic drink"

The last part of (Name)'s response was mumbled as she quickly cast her gaze aside, taking a small sip of the sake. It surprised (Name) that she actually enjoyed the taste of the drink, savoring the burning sensation that she felt as it traveled down her throat.

Shunsui now found himself unable to pry his eyes away from (Name). Had he heard her right? Was this really the first time she had ever had any sake? Any alcohol at all? Shunsui had merely been joking with her earlier. He couldn't even begin to comprehend what it must be like for someone to go that long without trying sake. Not that he thought (Name) was old, he had simply known her for a while. They weren't exactly best friends, but that's not to say Shunsui would mind to move their relationship along.

"Really? Well, we'll definitely have to change that, now won't we?"

(Name) took another sip of her sake before glancing over at Shunsui, laughing lightly at his grin. She thought that man truly got way too much enjoyment from this; he found the fact that this had been her first time drinking hilarious, something that was obvious by the gleam in his grey eyes that she could see clearly in the dim-lit bar.

"If you think you're going to get me here much more often, you're crazy."

A fake pout tugged Shunsui's lips downward as he wrapped an arm around (Name)'s waist, ignoring the partially irritated noise that came from her lips in protest.

"Aww, but (Name)!" He cooed in her ear, keeping close to (Name) just long enough for a blush to appear on her cheeks before pulling back. "I'm sure we could have a lot more fun, if you'd just agree to drink a bit more."

(E/c) eyes studied Shunsui's shadowed grey ones as (Name) tried to decipher Shunsui's flirting. There were times when that man got on her last nerve, and while (Name) detested his terrible flirting, she found herself somehow smiling and nodding her head.

"Maybe once or twice more. But you're not getting me here every day, you know."

As (Name) finished off her glass, Shunsui chuckled and smirked smugly to himself. Oh, yes. He'd get (Name) here much more often than she thought, and would make the most of every second.

"I'm honored you've agreed.

- - -

(Name) groaned as she found herself waking up the next morning to a load thud where she assumed to be outside her door. Sadly opening one eye, (Name) was surprised to find herself laying on her stomach, on top of one of the various buildings in Eighth Division. Down below her, Nanao held Shunsui by his pink robe, repeatedly smacking the man with the book in her other hand. From her uncomfortable position, (Name) could hear Nanao scolding her obviously hungover captain.

"Fool! How could you involve poor (Name) in one of your idiotic schemes? Unlike you, she's actually a respectable-"

Both high ranked shinigami glanced up whenever they heard (Name) move, shifting to a sitting position. Her head ached terribly and her (h/c) hair was a wreck.

"Ah, there's my lovely (Name)! Now, please be a dear and explain to Nanao that you willingly assisted me in everything last night."

(Name) tipped her head to the side, glancing at both of them in confusion as she asked,

"How the hell did I end up here?"

Shunsui sheepishly looked aside a moment before returning his gaze to (Name).

"Well, you sort of started talking about how could jump over buildings like some hero from a story you heard in the World of the Living, and-"

"And you let me go along with it, right?"

(Name) looked to Nanao as Shunsui silently nodded.

"Do with him as you wish, lieutenant."

Shunsui glanced at (Name) in pure horror, knowing fully well that Nanao would make him miserable.

"(Name)! (Name)!"

Shunsui's pleas fell on deaf ears as (Name) left the two, making her way to her own division. All that she cared about at the moment was fixing her hangover; what happened to Shunsui mattered not.